Chapter 1

High school is stupid, I think to myself while getting my books out of my locker and walking to homeroom. It is seven in the morning, I am sleep deprived from writing a history essay about the Spanish-American War, but for some reason I kept getting distracted and have no idea why. I am just an average teenage girl attending an average high school, with normal high school students taking normal classes. All I want to do is graduate and make it into college so I can fulfill my dream of becoming a private investigator.

The town that I live in is really small, there is only one traffic light and we are all family. The high school is smaller than most high schools as well. There is only one floor, so this means that most of the kids just wait for class to start and then go to class. Many of the students that go to my high school talk a lot about everyone, so this means that you have to be careful on what you talk about. You don't want to be known as the class freak because then the whole town knows. Keeping a secret in this town is challenging because even if you go somewhere unlike all the rest of the kids you are known as the weird kid, that doesn't fit into a society.

To me, being ordinary is okay, but I have this secret, and if it comes out everybody would call me a freak and everyone that knows me and respects me would look at me differently. I can only tell my mother because she has the same thing that I have.

Julia Shell is my best friend since kindergarten. We do everything together like going on vacation, the mall, and we even have the same classes together. I have told her just about everything except my secret. We in school are the average kids, we are not the preppy ones but we also aren't the loners that many people want to avoid in school.

"Hey there!" She says while I close the locker and put the books in the bag to get ready to go home.

"Hey, how was class?" I say

"Gosh it was a drag! I don't understand why we have to learn Geometry in the first place! I for one am not going to be a Carpenter when I get out of this school." Julia states.

I giggle to myself because I feel the same way about that class.

"So anyway, there's this party tonight, and there will be a lot of cute college boys... so I was wondering if you would wanted maybe to go?" Julia says shyly

"I don't know, I have a lot of homework to do, like Geometry. But let me check my calendar and text my mom to see if it's okay." I say

I glance down at my phone, and go into the calendar app. I look to see if I have anything planned. When I go into my weather app to see if it's going to rain, I also see that there is a full moon. I am now not sure that I am going to be able to go. I then text my mom about the party and about how there's a full moon tonight.

She replies a second later and says *it's fine for a little while just get back home at 11!*

"Okay I can come, I just have to leave around 10:30, to come home. When does the party start?" I ask remembering that parties usually start late.

Julia's eyes pop out of her head and has a huge grin on her face.

"It starts at 7! So we need to be dolled up and ready to go by 6:30. Oh my god I'm so excited that you'll be able to go!" Julia says excitedly.

Julia and I go to her house to get ready for the party. Her room is spotless compared to mine. The walls of the room are light blue, and she has a chandelier on the ceiling. My room on the other hand is dark purple and has clothes everywhere. I did make a path so u can walk to and fro my bed but that's about it. When we get into her room I see that she has a new friend.

"Hey, who's this" I say looking down at the turtle in the aquarium.

"Oh, that's Franklin. My brother didn't want him anymore because he kept forgetting to feed it." She says

Julia's brother is named Daniel, he is about 24 years old, and is currently in the army. I know it is exceptional hard for her, for not knowing if he is okay or not. But I also think that by keeping Franklin, is a memory of Daniel.

Julia's dress is black and short with a sweetheart neckline. Her long blonde hair is straight to perfection and her makeup is stunning. She is also wearing a crystal necklace and black pumps that go with her outfit. My dress is red and short with lace on the sleeves. My hair is straighten and Julia does my makeup so I don't look like a clown. I have a pearl necklace on that looks like it's from the 1950s. Red pumps in my hand because I can't go down the steps with them on, and we are all ready to hit the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I hope you like my story! This is my first actual story so please vote and comment!

Thanks,

Fezzi 13