I "Forgot" To Hang Up

Juliet x Shawn

Words: 1015

Juliet and I were best friends. Even though she spent most of her time with her partner, Lassie, we still hung out at the department. I became a detective one year after Juliet.

Chief Vick assigned me to a case along with Lassie and Jules. "James Melding. He has been missing for 3 days now. His wife, Alyssa, called in yesterday and reported him missing. She said that he disappeared during the night two days ago. She also mentioned that his wallet was gone, but his keys weren't."

Me and Jules went to make file copies for everyone. I decided to talk about a certain subject that burned in the back of my mind since I've started working here.

"So..." I said. Wondering how to say it.

"Hm?"

"Shawn." I said simply.

She sighed. "What about him?"

"Don't play dumb, Jules. Do you like him?"

"I don't know." She said smiling. After the copies were finished we started walking back to our desks. "Maybe. I- I don't know." She said putting one of the copies onto Lassie's desk.

"Mhm. Sure." I said smiling. I carried the last two copies in my hand.

"Y/n!" She said.

I kept walking. "I'm not saying anything." I raised my hands, still holding the folders.

I started making my way back to my desk, when he came up and started walking next to me.

"Hey Y/n. How are you?" He said pleasantly.

"What do you want Shawn?" I said.

"Just some very important information."

I didn't say anything. I knew what he meant. "No." I kept walking.

He put his hand on my arm and stopped me. I faced him. "What?" I said annoyed.

"Does Jules like me?"

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I began walking again. He stayed behind for a moment before jogging back

"I would actually, love to know." I stayed silent. "I'll leave you alone from now on." He said.

I stopped for a moment and pointed a finger at him. "Tempting." I smiled and started walking again.

"C'mon. Please."

"Save your breath." I said.

"Why do you hate me?"

I stopped in shock. "I don't hate-" I pulled Shawn into an empty conference room. "I don't hate you Shawn. But you are in love with my best friend and-" He opened his mouth to say something. "Don't deny it. You are in love with Jules and you know it. Hell, everybody knows it. She is my best friend and I don't want to see her hurt. So if you're gonna do this, you're going to do it right."

His eyes were wide. "I- I don't "love" Jules." He said.

I laughed. "Really now?" I put the folders down on the table. "Now that's funny." I said crossing my arms. "Admit it."

"I don't." He said trying to act normal. Well, as normal as Shawn Spencer could get anyways. I walked over to the door and blocked it. I locked the handle and looked back up at him. "You're not leaving this room until you admit that you are in love with Juliet."

He sat down. "Well, then I guess I'm not leaving." He said.

"Fine. Be in denial. I have all day."

I grabbed the file off the table. "Whoa, whoa, whoa." I said, as I connected some of the clues. "I think I have a suspect." I said standing up. I saw Shawn stand up. "Damnit." I murmured. "You're free to go Mr. Spencer." I mocked. He walked out and smiled.

***

After work Jules called me.

"Hey Jules."

"I do."

"Yeah. You're gonna have to be more specific than that, hon." I said smiling. I knew what she meant.

"I- I do like Shawn." She said through the phone.

"I know." I smile. Suddenly, someone grabbed my shoulder to turn me around. Shawn looked serious for once. "One second." I said to Jules. I didn't end the call, even though I pretended I did.

"Who was that?" He asked pointing to the phone.

"Uh. Lassie." I said.

"Las-" He squinted. "Whatever. I do." He said quickly.

"You what?"

He looked around the halls, when he saw that no one was left, he turned back to me. "I-I love Juliet." He said.

"I know Shawn, and I'm proud of you. But why do you act like it's a big secret?"

"I love Jules. I've been in love with her for a while. I don't even know how to express how she makes me feel."

"I think you need to tell her that." I said smiling.

He nodded and walked down the stairs. He got to the door and said, "Thank you."

I put the phone back up to my ear. "Did you get all of that?" I said.

"Oh my god." She said after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah."

"Wait, was it that obvious?"

"Um yes. Literally everybody at the department knows. Except for you obviously."

"Really?" She said in disbelief.

I looked over to see Lassie walking down the hall. "Oh perfect timing." I murmured to myself. "Lassie! Come over here for a second, would you?"

He smiled, which was unusual. He walked over, "Yes Y/n?"

"Isn't Shawn in love with Juliet?"

"Oh, very much so." He said.

I smiled and mouthed "Thank you." to Lassie.

"Hey meet me at the bar in an hour. The very back corner booth. Okay?" I said into the phone.

"Alright."

I hung up the phone and ran out to the parking lot. "Shawn!" I yelled before he took off on his bike. He looked up.

"Meet me at the bar in an hour. I'll be in the very back, corner booth. Alright?"

"Okay."

***

An hour later Jules called me. "Where are you?" she asked as I answered the phone.

"Did you really think, that I was gonna show up after what happened on the phone? C'mon Jules you know me better than that."

I heard Shawn on the other end of the line. The door chimed and he said, "Jules!" I hung up the phone.

Mission accomplished.

I really hope you enjoyed my first Psych imagine. I love this show and Shawn and Juliet are definently my OTP. <3

You can request imagines if you want.

~ Mad