The Library Ghost

This is the very first chapter of my fanfiction based of JLPawley's Knowledge Keeper. Stuff might be inaccurate as I'm writing this fic before the first book of the Knowledge Keeper has been finished so.....here we go!

~~~~~~~~

Ernest Kasper de Verath was the youngest Keeper in the history of the Library, before he was murdered at the age of nineteen that is. The Keeper loaded himself into the Supercomputer then fried his own brain and the Library never knew. This was how the Library's ghost was born.

Kasper had plenty of time alone, and as he was loaded into the Supercomputer he played lots of little games with the Library's frequent visitors.

One fateful day a Keeper in training was updating a few of the latest changes for the town of Copperton when Kas struck.

The boy, Evan, glanced away from the computer for a second and when he looked back, all his work had been deleted. He frantically tried to remedy the situation but nothing worked. Kasper wasn't mean enough to have actually deleted everything though and had simply hacked a line of code so everything the boy had typed had turned white.

Sighing, Evan went back to work, thinking it was a minor glitch.

Just as the boy reached the same point as before his work vanished. Evan stared at the computer for a moment then rubbed his eyes as if they were playing a trick on him. Words suddenly appeared on his screen: I AM THE GHOST OF THE LIBRARY, I'VE COME TO HAUNT YOU

Evan jumped up and ran from the room, returning moments later with his master in tow. They both stared at the screen as Kasper wrote again.

SPREAD THE NEWS.

BY THE WAY, YOU MESSED UP ON A NUMBER, BUT I FIXED IT. HERE'S ALL YOUR WORK.

The screen went dark momentarily then Evan's data reappeared as if untouched.

The next day, the story had escalated  and it was not simply work that had been erased, but the all the information on Copperton which Evan had then courageously retrieved from the depths of the Library.

This was when the Ghost of the Library was born.