Sugar and Spice

You sung to quietly while stroking your daughter Sarah's hair while she was asleep on your lap, her ear right next to your swollen stomach. You stroked her dirty blonde locks that she inherited from her father.

"________, Sarah, I'm home," you heard you husband's voice call out from the front door.

Sarah began to yawn softly and snuggled into your warmth.

"How was your day, sweetie?" You asked your Canadian husband.

"It was good, I got all of my work done at the office," he said cheerfully while bending down to give you a hug and a peck on the lips, "how was yours?"

"It was good Sarah and I stayed at home and played some board games and watched movies," you said while stroking her dirty blonde hair. "Are you ready to go to the clinic?"

"Yep, I just need to put something that's more comfortable on."

"Okay then," you said and gently tapped Sarah's shoulder to wake her up.

"Hmm..?" Sarah said while wiping her drowsy eyes.

"We're about to go to the clinic, so go and put your shoes on," you said and she immediately sprang up and ran to put her sneakers on.

Matthew walked down stairs wearing a pair of blue jeans and a hockey t-shirt with a maple leaf on it.

"Do you need help up?" Matthew asked.

"Yes please," you said slightly fatigued.

He grabbed your hand and lifted you up to the floor.

"Thank you," you said and pecked him on the lips.

"C'mon let's go," Sarah said enthusiastically while grabbing both of your hands in her tiny hands.

[Timeskip]

Matthew, Sarah, you, were now all in the waiting room now. You had just gotten a checkup on the baby. She is a perfectly healthy baby; all you were waiting for now was the pictures.

"Here you go, Mr. and Mrs. Williams, we printed you two of them," the nurse said.

"Thank you," you and Matthew said.

"Oooh, I wanna see~" Sarah said. Sarah looked at the picture of the baby. "I can't wait to meet my baby sister~"

[Timeskip]

"Sarah, it's time to go to bed. Go put on your PJ's."

"Awww, but I'm not tired,".

"What if I told you a nursery rhyme?"

She nodded while putting on her pajamas and then got in bed.

"What are little boys made of?

What are little boys made of?

Slugs and snails

And puppy-dogs' tails,

That's what little boys are made of.

What are little girls made of?

Sugar and spice

And everything nice,

That's what little girls are made of," you said.

"Sure," you nodded.

"Can you please say the girls' verse one more time?"

"What are little girls made of?

What are little girls made of?

Sugar and spice

And everything nice,

That's what little girls are made of," you said while tucking Sarah in.

By the time you were done she was fast asleep.

"Good night, sweetie," you said and pecked her on the cheek.

"Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of."