Chapter One

It was your first day at Nekoma High as a second year. You moved to Tokyo from Sapporo all by yourself because your parents thought you should learn and get used to living on your own. This made you feel a bit free, because you had such strict parents. You woke up early and walked around you new apartment while getting ready for school. You smiled as you gazed at the pictures of you with your former girls volleyball team who won nationals.

You were the ace of your old high school Orishima High. And, you didn't want to brag, but you were the best female ace in your prefecture, probably in all of Japan. "Crud." You muttered as you though what you were going to use to get to school. Should you use your bike? Nekoma High was just a walk away from your apartment.

You brushed your teeth and decided to take your bike since you'd get there faster. You locked the door and placed your bag in the basket of your standard Japanese bike. The air was nice and cool, you felt it run though your hair. You got onto your bike and started peddling slowly. The morning birds chirped as the sun shined in the clear blue sky.

Suddenly as you were almost near the school you heard two boys talking to each other about volleyball. Your eyes widened as they past by you, one was tall with messy black hair and the other was a bit shorter but had black hair dyed blonde, you giggled a bit as it reminded you of pudding. It then hit you that they were also from Nekoma, they also had sports duffel bags. "Excuse me, do you two play volleyball?" You said, holding the breaks of your bike as you planted your foot on the ground. The tall one smirked and nodded.

"We're apart of the volleyball club." He knew you went to the same school. "I'm Kuroo Tetsuro, captain of the boys volleyball club. This is Kenma Kozume, our setter." He playfully wrapped his arm around the shorter boys shoulders, who raised his eyes from his phone and waved before going back to what he was doing. "Nice to meet you, I'm (F/n) (L/n), I'm a second year." Kuroos expressions went from happy to surprised. "Y-You're (F/n) (L/n)? As in the ace of Orishima High?!" You smiled and nodded, you really didn't think anyone would notice your role in the volleyball world. "This is amazing! Wait, we're second years too! We might be in the same class, too!" Kuroo wouldn't calm down about meeting you, which made you giggle a bit.

"We should get going or else we'll be late for our first day of school." You laughed as he panicked, quickening his pace while Kenma followed. The three of you arrived at the school and went to go see what classes you were in. "Well what do you know we're all classmates." Kuroo smirked at you, you blushed a little. He softly elbowed Kenma, who was focused more on his phone than school. "Earth to Kenma!" Kenma tapped the screen once more before looking up at you and Kuroo.

"What are you even doing?" You asked Kenma, who looked at you before showing you the screen. "I-Is that (favorite video game)??" You exclaimed. Kenmas eyes sparkled before nodding. "I've been stuck here for a while." He pointed to a part of the game where even you had trouble on completing. "I used what I like to call (video game trick/ technique you used to get through a certain level/ place of your fave video game), it helped a lot." You taught Kenma how to do it as the two of them accompanied you to lock your bike up.

Kenma tried it out and cleared it. "Y-You're pretty awesome, (L/n)-san." He smiled a bit, which was really cute coming from a quiet and calm guy like him. "Come on you two." Kuroo squeezed in between you and Kenma and put his arms around your shoulders. "I have a feeling this year will be interesting." Kenma muttered. "What was that?" Kuroo asked, Kenma shook his head and said it was nothing.

The three of you reached class and homeroom started, surprisingly there was no opening ceremony because the principal was sick. Instead you and your new class spent time individually introducing yourselves at the front of the classroom. "Next, Ms. (L/n)." Your homeroom teacher called from her desk up front. You heard your classmates start to mutter things like "Is that really her? The ace of Orishima?" or "Oh my gosh she's so pretty!", you just ignored it as Kuroo and Kenma, who were at either side of your seat, waved from their seats. "Hello, my name is (F/n) (L/n), I move here from Sapporo and I studied at Orishima High. My favorite subject is (your fave subject) and I really love playing volleyball. Please take care of me." You said clearly as you bowed.

"Orishima High, as in the high school where the girls volleyball club won nationals?" The homeroom teacher asked. "Yes, I was their ace." You didn't see anything wrong with saying that. Suddenly your classmates went wild, yelling that you were so awesome when you played at nationals. "Everyone, calm down!" The homeroom teacher yelled, everyone went quiet. "Well, we're honored to have you here at Nekoma High, but too bad we don't have a girls volleyball club." The homeroom teacher said as you went back to your seat.

"That was quite the introduction, (L/n)-san." Kuroo playfully poked your cheek from your right side. "You can just call me (F/n), Kuroo." You turned your head to the left, where Kenma sat. "I'm guessing you're going to say that I can also all you by your given name?" Kenma gave a small smile as you blushed. "Y-Yeah..." "Then you can call me Kenma." He rested his chin on the palm of his hand while his elbow was placed on his desk. He stared at you for a bit as you stared at his hot features and instantly looked away, cheeks red.

                                                        You had a feeling this year would be interesting.