Chapter 1

David went to his older sister's job at McDonalds with his little sister, Selena, after school. David walked inside and saw his older sister, Alice, giving a customer his food. The three siblings all looked similar. They all had brown hair and brown eyes with tan skin. They all lived with their mother and father in New York. David and Selena got back from school were waiting for Alice, the only one who had keys to the house besides there parents, to finish her shift. David, who is in 7th grade, and Selena, who is in 5th grade, always meet there 16 year old sister at her job after school, until 4:00, everyday.

Alice was just finishing mopping the floors when a strange man, around his 30's, with a long black coat and a grin on his face opened the doors of the fast food restaurant. Alice said "Sorry were closed for the day." The man proceeded to walk forward. Alice and David got up form there seats and got closer to Alice. Alice ran from where she was standing to her phone which was on the counter. The phone was in her reach when an invisible force threw her $500 phone across the wet tiles and cracked the screen. Then her hand that was reaching for the phone was thrown backward and slammed hard against the wall. An immediately pain surged through her hand. She knew it was broken. Alice tried to run away but her hand was stuck to the wall.

David knew Alice couldn't move from where she was so he grabbed Selena and ran for the back door. When David opened the door another man walked in. He shoved David and Selena to the side and said to the other man., " Well John, your still alive." John didn't say anything but he now focused his attention to the man, as he changed his attention to the man Alice was released. She ran for she siblings immediately.

John raised his hand and a small orb of blue fog formed in his palm. John then threw his hand to the floor and the orb broke like glass, as it hit the tiles blue ice spread across the floor. In an instant the unnamed man formed a purple orb in his palm and threw in against the floor. The purple orb of energy over came the ice and as purple fog spread across the tiles, the ice melted. Then a force lifted Selena out of the grasp of her siblings and into the grasp of John, then John ran out of the fast food restaurant with Selena in his arms.