Chapter 5

The next day the kids were getting into Tony's jet black Hummer that he summoned using magic when no one was looking. "Bye see you three in two weeks call as soon as you land." their father said.

When the kid's parents were out of sight David asked " So what do you plan to do when we land in California?"

"Well we'll first find your grandmother she knows where we can hind so I can train Selena to become  a great magician, and to get you two to unlock your powers. Then since your grandmother is the Alchemist we'll go to her to teach you guys how to become an alchemist.

"What gives you that title, to call yourself the magician?" David said

Tony lifted his hand and reveled a silver ring with ancient lettering around a gem. The gem was a mixture of four different colors, one quarter of it was blue the other was red then green and the last was clear.

"Abraham made four rings before he was killed one ring for each branch of magic." Tony said, "The rings are really just a title, I got the magician ring from King Arthur."

"One last question." Selena said "You said before that the three of us had the secret abilities to stop everyone from dying, what secret ability."

"Well when you guys awaken you paraselene a secret ability will be reveled, an ability that no Elder, Monster, or anyone else has. These abilities will stop the Elders from taking back the Earth and save everyone. What the ability is I don't know but grandma Jasmine might."

The next few hours went by in a blur, the four got on the plane and in 10 hours they were in California."

The four began to drive to grandma Jasmine's nursing home. The last time they saw her was one year ago, they were so happy to see her again.

Selena sat in the car. Ever since her paraselene was awakened she felt normal for the most part, but in one day she grew so distant from her brother and sister. It was like she wasn't even related to them anymore.

"We'll be there soon guys." Tony said. The car drove under a tunnel and Alice thought it was odd that no other cars were in the tunnel it was already noon.

Then a white spear of pure energy hit through the car and the car flipped over. Alice looked around and saw everything upside down. "GET OUT." Tony yelled.

David unbuckled and fell from his seat to the car's roof and quickly dragged Selena with him and Alice following behind.

The three finally had a clear look at John. Last time they saw him he was trying to kill them. John had thick black hair that was pulled back with gel and very pale flawless skin and he wore a long black coat and sunglasses.

John took both hands and clapped forming a ball of fire and threw it at them. Tony has just got out of the Hummer and tried to throw water at the ball of fire but Alice acted first. Alice made the ground lift and smother the ball of fire and it was clear that Alice was awakened.

Tony was in shock for a couple of seconds but he snapped out. He used his brief knowledge of necromancy and focused. Then three skeletons rose from the gravel.

Tony focused some more and told them to attack. The three skeletons did what they were told and went attack John.

John grinned and said "Stupid magician out of all the spells you know you choose the simplest necromancy spell ever."

"I wasn't trying to attack you I was trying to distract you." In this time Tony managed to take a small flask of potion that he made and threw it to the ground and the entire tunnel was filled in blue smoke.

John took a last minute shot and threw a basic ball of energy at their direction. When he fanned away the smoke he saw they were gone. John knew that the magician used trapeu potion, a transporting potion. Hoping his ball of energy hit one of them he walked away killing the skeletons as he left.

When Selena opened her eyes they were out of the tunnel and in front of a desterted gas station. " John must of found someway to clear the town no wonder there was no traffic, well grandma's retirement home is only and hour away, ill form a car and we'll get going." Tony said as he turned around an saw David in his own pool of blood.

"HELP HIM!" Selena screamed to Tony. "John must of hit him before we left." Tony said in a depressed tone. "I can't heal him, no one can. But I can make the death quicker."

Tony formed a black cloud in his hand but Alice stepped in front. Her entire body was surrounded in a gold outline. "I think I can help." Alice said in a clam voice. She touched her brother and they both were surrounded in gold. David began to gain color again and sat up holding his gut.

"What happened to Alice?" Selena asked. Tony said " She just discovered her hidden ability."