Seven

"Get up," I heard coming from the girl punching me in the side.

I opened my eyes and saw a world still covered by the darkness of the night.

"What the hell?"I said sitting up, "what did you do that for?"

"We have to keep going," she whispered.

I rolled my eyes, hoping she didn't see it and walked away from her.

"Where are you going?"she asked me.

I walked to the third tree to her right and unzipped my pants.

"Doing what a man has got to."

"I have to go too."

"Go find yourself another tree."

When I was done I walked towards the small river and washed my hands with the biting cold water. When we both returned to the little spot behind the bushes that had formed itself our temporarly camp I sat down and took the bottle of water leaning against Laena's rucksack.

"Do you have any good food?"I asked her, "I'm starving."

She shook her head. "Just some cake and wine for my grandmother. You?"

I looked up at her and decided not to yell at her this time.

"Yeah I still got some bread,"I grunted and streched out for my own rucksack.

I took out a half white bread and ripped of a chunk for her and myself.

"Do you always eat like this, Wolff?"

I shook my head.

"No," I answered, "I like to change it up with raw flesh fresh from the bone. Like a real scavenger."

I took a big bite of my piece of bread and washed it away with some of the water.

"I didn't mean it like that," Red said. I nodded through my chewing.

"Yeah," I said, "but that doens't make less offending."

"Sorry."

"Yeah... Yeah... It's fine."

I stood up and took of the black t-shirt I'd been wearing since I changed out of the brown jumper with the bloodstains on it. Red stood up and stared at my body.

"What are you looking at?" I asked her almost offended.

She took a step forward and put her hand on one of the fresher scars on my chest.

"You've got so many," she said with pity overpowering her voice.

I grabbed her hand with my left and grabbed her chin with my right, forcing her to look at me.

"Don't."

I released her and took my rucksack toward the little river. I took of my pants, shoes etc. until I was completely undressed. I rested my foot in the ice cold water, a chill went down my spine, but it didn't withhold me from going in. 

The cold water covered my whole body and made me shiver all over. I quietly washed my hair and body and got up again. Using my used black t-shirt as a towel. I put on a dark blue jumper, the jeans I wore the day before and a clean pair of socks and underwear. Red was changing her clothes also, but she didn't wash up, except for her face.

I put on my ripped shoes and tied the laces, or what was left of it. I combed my thick, black hair over my head and decided to shave myself real quick. So I took out the knife from my right back pocket and tried my best to not cut myself without my shaving cream.