~4~

A/N this chapter uses strong profanity.

Hazel's POV

It was the day of the carnival, and I went to gram's house to help Zach get ready. He kept bugging me and asking me if Alex was coming and every three seconds my answer was yes.

I dressed Zach and by the time we were done, it was 4:30. Alex should be coming in 15 minutes or so, so while we waited Zach and I ate and watched tv.

By the time we finished both of those, it was 4:55. I looked at my watch and out the door to see if he was there.

"Uhm, Haizy, is Alex coming." Zach asks looking up at me.

I continue to look out the window, "uhm, yeah, he's just running late. I'm sure he'll be here any second."

"Come on Alex, don't let me down." I say to myself.

It was 5:15 almost thirty minutes of waiting so we decided to catch a bus to downtown and hopefully meet him there.

H: hey are you coming?

By that time, Zach and I were already at the carnival and he was dragging me to ride a dragon ride.

"One second, we should wait for Alex." I tell him whole trying to call Alex.

"I don't think he's gonna come," he says frowning. "I just wanna have fun."

"Okay! You know what?" I say. "We're gonna have so much fun! The most fun we've ever had!" I tell him. "Just you and me."

We walked around the carnival sat upon the pier and bought ourselves food. From cotton candy, to hotdogs, to popcorn, to the point where we were full.

Zach and I rode rides at the carnival and we saw there was a boardwalk next to the carnival so we went there too.

It's a good thing we brought extra clothes because we went to the beach. I brought extra undergarments that'll do for bathing suits and Zach brought an extra t shirt and trunks.

We both walked the beach and we were letting the waves chase us. We ran before it could touch our feet buried ourselves in the sand.

"It would be fun if Alex were here," Zach frowns. "But this is fun too!" He says splashing the water on me.

"Okay you go play in the water and I'll be here on the sand." I tell him. "But don't go too far in the water okay Zach?" I say ruffling his wet hair.

"Okay!" He says running down to the waves and gets washed away by one.

I shook my head laughing and I look down at my phone to see if Alex has replied.

It says he's read it but left me on read. Classic.

I've tried and help him get over Meg but I've failed and done the complete opposites. I've developed feelings for him, they're back together, and it crushed me to see them like that.

Ever since Meg was back in the picture, I was out of it.

Minutes later Zach comes running to me saying he's too cold and wants to get dressed. He goes into the bathroom and comes out with his hair looking so cute.

"I got sand in it and I tried fixing it but it got worst." He says.

I crouch down to his level and fix it. "There." I say smiling.

"How did you do that? It took me forever and all I did was mess it up." He says laughing, touching his hair.

"Magic." I tell him.

We walked down the boardwalk and I held Zach's hand. We played some games, rode some rides, and ate some food.

"Do you wanna go home now?" I ask Zach.

"Yeah." He yawns. "I'm very tired." He says stretching.

"Okay let's go." I say taking him with me.  We go to the bus stop and ride back home. Zach falls asleep on my lap and once we're home I wake him.

We got off the bus and walk home from there. At our street I see Alex, leaned against his car, with Meg in it.

He was leaned up against it with his hands in his pockets looking down.  I put my sunglasses on even if it was already 9:30pm. I didn't want him to ruin my good day that I just had with my brother.

Zach and I are walking and Zach sees him. "Look, it's Alex!" He says pointing. "But I don't wanna talk to him anymore." He says pouting.

Alex sees us and he runs to us. I just continue walking as if I see no one there.

"Haze, wait." He says chasing us.

"It's Hazel." I tell him and he looks at me in confusion.

"Zach, why don't you go inside. I'll be there in a couple minutes." I tell him.

"Okay, thanks Haizy." He says grabbing his little backpack and waddling his little legs to the front door.

I grab my stuff and head in too.

"Haze, wait." Alex says grabbing the back of my arm.

"Again, it's Hazel." I tell him.

"You said I could be the only person who called you that, what happened?" He asks me.

"If there's a person to call me what my mom and dad called me, I want that person to be the best of me." I tell him. "I want someone who can help change me," I stutter. "And you're not the change I want." I tell him walking away.

"Are you seriously mad at me because I didn't go to the stupid carnival with you." He says giving me a look.

"No!" I tell. "I'm not fucking mad about the carnival. I couldn't give two shits about that!" I say tossing my hands up in the air. "It's Zach! Zach was the one who trusted you and the whole day yesterday he was so excited about you coming yet you never showed up! All day today at the beach he was having fun but still couldn't stop thinking about you not coming. On the bus ride home, he was thinking about how fun it would be if you came, but you never did!" I say tears coming through my eyes for the poor little boy.

"And it's not a stupid carnival!" I yell at the top of my lungs. "Zach and I have never missed a year for four years straight because every year our parents took us to that same one." I say toning down. Saying it as soft as ever. Remembering all the memories we had. "So thank you, for ruining the day that I was suppose to have it all. Thank you." I say with tears threatening to fall out of my eyes but I didn't want him to see me like this.

I turn around and start walking and that's when I broke down.

"Haze, I'm sorry I didn't know." He says.

"I told you to not call me that. Please, just leave me alone." I say to him walking towards the door.

"Alex, how much longer?" I hear Meg whine, holding her hand against her forehead.

"Not much!" He yells to her. "I think I'm almost done. Don't worry."

"Yeah I think so too." I say and head inside.

"Haze, come on open up." He says banging on the door.

"Alex, have some respect, this is my grandma's house, please. leave." I tell him wiping away my tears.

"Fine." He says and gives me a blunt look.

And that was the last I've hear from Alex Aiono.

The End.

SIKEEEEEEE THIS STORY AINT EVEN HALFWAY DONE, STAY RUNED FOR NEXT CHAPTER.