Rain

Liam's POV

I sit on my bed, in the corner of my bedroom, listening to the rain.

My 'bed' is really just a mattress. No box-spring. It's just lazily thrown to the side.

Just like me. Discarded.

I rest my head on the cold wall, and watch as drops of rain hit my window violently.

"It's really comin' down," I murmur to myself, "I like my room."

The walls are vast, and empty. The glass that my double-hung window is made of, is tinted a very light green, painting all of my small room a soft green. My bed is almost completely barren, aside from my bed sheets, which are a slight grayish color, and my thin pillow; the same shade of gray. Yeah, pretty much sums up me and my life; meager, boring, sparse.

"God, I hate myself."

I sit like that, for what in total honesty, seems like hours; just listening to nothing but the sound of the rain, and my own breathing.

My breathing hitches, as I hear a knock on the door.

Three rapid knocks. Knock knock knock. I stay silent.

"Open the door, love," a recognizable voice sounds through the door.

I heave a heavy sigh as I have to get up to go answer the door.

As I step off my bed I yell,

"Knock more quietly."

I unlock my door, without opening it, and walk back to my bed. The door opens.

The man standing outside my room is my boyfriend and roommate, Louis.

He's wearing a slightly over-sized gray crew-neck, some well fitting black skinny jeans, and speckled gray socks.

"You look good," I say.

"And you look tired," he says as he takes a seat on the ground opposite from me.

"Gee, thanks."

"It wasn't an insult, it was an observation," he smiles.

I let out a soft laugh, and look to my side.

"Could you close the door?" I ask him.

He groans,

"But then I have to get up."

"You're lazy," I remark.

Louis gets on his hands and knees, crawls to the door, shuts it, and crawls back to his spot.

"I actually think that took more energy than it would've just to have walked over there," he chuckles.

I let out another almost non-existent laugh. Louis looks up at me, worried.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he asks.

"Guess I am kinda tired," I yawn.

He smiles, "Sleepy boy."

I smile too, and pat the spot next to me. He rises to his feet, and says,

"I think I'll walk this time."

As he sits, he wraps his arms around me. I let my head fall on his shoulder. He makes me feel so good.

"I love you," he says.

"Love you too," I say, wearily. I let my eyes flutter close.

He turns his head to look at me.

"Hey don't go to sleep," he shakes my shoulder.