The beggining

" ugh I can't take this " Janice screamed from the top of her lungs. She was burning up in the cramped room at St. Peter's Hostpital. The nurses kept on urging her to push while she complained for them to get this damn baby out of her. She didn't want to be here but she didn't really have a choice. All she could think about was when her next fix would be or when was the next time she'd be working on the corner for Alex. She looked at him, her soon to be baby daddy and the one who supplies her with what she needed.
She looked at Alex " ugh I need a fix baby," she tried so speak lowly without the nurses hearing. Little did the nurses know Alex was allowing Janice her daily supply while pregnant. Alex didn't allow her to sniff anything. He didn't want his daughter turning out to be a junkie. Though it sounded like he cared a little for his baby it wasn't out of love. This baby would be his prized possession, his money maker and for that he couldn't wait for her to be born. Alex just knew he was going to breed one of the finest hoes out there. The nurses urged Janice to push and she started to cry from the pain she was feeling. She did something she had never did since she was little. She prayed for God to get this baby out of her. A baby that she didn't even want but Alex insisted on having. Alex and Janice had tried before and got a boy. He beat Janice's ass for a week straight claiming that it was her fault she didn't have a girl. Alex did the only thing he knew how to do and that was to get rid of the baby. God had answered Janice's prayers and the baby came sliding out. The nurse motioned for Janice to hold her baby but she just waved it off. Alex on the other hand held his arms out to get a look at the baby. She had honey scented skin and a head full of dark brown locks. The nurse had seen it in the patents eyes that they wanted this child for the wrong reasons. She looked at them with sad eyes.
" what are you going to name her?" The nurse said trying to create some type of sentimental feel in the room.

" umm what about.... Delicious?" Alex eyes the beautiful baby while remembering one of his girls d
Delicious he had just spent the night with two days ago. The nurse frowned a bit, this conversation almost bringing her to tears. She had tried time and time again to not get attached to these babies who's parents really weren't worth shit.

" how about something more fitting to the beautiful baby. What about Journey? "

Janice's head snapped up. Who did this light skin bitch think she was. Janice was about to give the nurse a piece of her mind just until Alex revealed how much he loved the name.
" yea Journey. It makes you think she's gonna take you on a journey, a fun ride." He whispered and the nurse didn't catch that. That August 10 of 1989 the beautiful Journey had made her mark on this earth.