Chapter 01

"Life wasn't always like this for me. I worked hard to get to where I am today, and not many people know about this. Everyone thinks, 'Oh wow, she's got it good.' I mean, now I do, but I haven't always" "What do you mean? Are you angry that people don't know? Are you sad? What is the purpose of them knowing? Where do you start?" "I honestly would be completely happy if no one ever knew, but I have seen the damage of what keeping secrets and burying all the emotions that you feel can do to a person. Over time it destroys them. Much like I have done to myself, and have seen what keeping it a secret has done to others that had some information about it. I want to help people, and if knowing my story will help, then it all started when I was nine years old... My mother and I had just moved out of my grandmother's house for the first time. We'd only been out for about three months maximum. I was just starting at a new school, and I was nervous. I had a really hard time making friends. I remember walking down the driveway to catch the bus. I sat all alone. I didn't feel as though I was gonna make friends, but throughout the school day, I did. I remember my mother telling me I would. When she picked me up from school, I noticed that she was worried. Her face was covered with it. My mother used to be this beautiful woman. Not for her body, but for her heart and soul. She was a larger woman, but she had a smile that lit up a room and a laugh that would make even the birds stop to listen. She had her bad times, of course, but she never lost side of who she was on the inside. I knew not to ask her what was wrong cause she wouldn't have told me. So I just acted like I was oblivious to it and watched her. I was worried. My mother didn't worry unless it was something serious. She had told me that we were going to visit my grandmother. I was happy about it at the time. When we had gotten there, I noticed him. He had a negative energy that I couldn't miss. I couldn't stop thinking about how he was probably the thing that had her worried. I understood why cause I felt it too, My grandmother had decided he would live with us while he was looking for a job. 'Since he was our cousin, we owed it to him' was what my grandmother had said. Family was always something was taken seriously in my family. No one was to turn their noses up to any family member. That's the rule. But I later found out that, family means nothing. Sometimes the people that want to hurt and destroy you most are your family. So my mother had accepted it, and told my grandmother that we had to go. When we got into the car, he had said something about going to a neighboring county so he could get a few of his things. Of course, my mother had accepted. When we had gotten there, he went inside of the house and gotten whatever it was that he wanted, but someone had apparently robbed him. I had informed him that we could call the police, but he refused. He had said that he knew who it was. So as a result, we went up the road, and watched him beat a man to the point of almost death. I was scared. I was only nine years old. My mother had eventually gotten him into the car and drove us home. While everyone was doing something, I had decided that I was gonna search through his things. I didn't like the thought of someone I didn't know staying in my house. I found a glass-like powder, a light bulb, and much more. I didn't know what it meant at the time, but I knew it was something bad.