The last wish

I was phasing back and forth in front of the emergency room. I was so nervous for my girlfriends life, she was undergoing in a critical surgery. I hope she will be okay. I cant stand to think she can die any moment of the surgery.

            5 hours have past but not a doctor come out of the room.

            -Please lord, don’t let my girl die –I chanted in my mind. Her family was sitting on the seats in front of me and waiting for the news too. You can see there the nervousness they feel.

            “zack , please sit down you are making us more nervous” the mom of mikhaila(my girlfriend) said, I looked at her and nodded. “Okay. Mrs. Mcbrian” then I sat. I can’t settle myself from thinking any moment or given second she will be taken away from me and her family. Then I started to remember the first day we met.

            It was when we were still in second year high school that I met her. She was a transferee from North West high school. She has glasses perched on top of her nose and braces. Although she looks like that I fell in love with her. I tease her and called her “four-eyed girl” top hide my feelings for her. She just ignored me every time. But one time I called her that she suddenly cried and asked “why do you always call me that? I didn’t do anything wrong to you, I hate you.” I just looked at her socked, I just made the one I love cry. Her friends looked at me angrily.

            I looked at her and sincerely said “I’m sorry, Mikhaila” that was the first time I said her name. She looked at me and smiled a little.

            “I’m sorry too “she said,

            “What for? You don’t have to say sorry. You’ve done nothing wrong”

            No,I’ve done something, I told you I hate you so im sorry” she said and smiled with tears still lingering in the corner of her eyes.

            “ im really sorry for what I ‘ve done, Mikhaila”

            “Its okay zack”

            That was the day I teased her. And that was the first day I became her friend.

            I remember too, the day I told her my feelings when were in 3rd year then. Her brace was gone and she was still the most beautiful girl I laid me eyes on.

            “Hey Mikhaila, wait for a minute please.” I called to Mikhaila who is going out of our classroom with her friends she stopped at the door.

            When I got to her I looked at her friends “can we talk?” I asked, her friends looked at me as if waiting for me to talk to her. “Alone, please” Mikhaila smiled at her friends and told them they can just wait for her near the gate so they left.

            “ so , what do you want to talk about zack?” Mikhaila asked me .

            “ um, you know that we start from me being mean to you, right?”

            “what do you mean by that?”

            “ um” I scratched my neck. “ I just wanted to tell you that I really like you Mikhaila “ I nervously said.

            “ Ts.. your just joking right?” she said as she rolled her eyes.

            “ no I’m not , I really like you “

            “ how can you say that when you make fun of me last year.”

            “i-i-i’m sorry about that , I was doing that to hide my feelings about you”