Prologue

The year was 1875. This happened every year in spring. Yet this year something felt different everyone felt the feeling that this year's festival was different and not in a good way.  A tall man, stood towering over the horse he saw in front of him. This man had a rich style to his clothing.  The chestnut-roan had a strong muscular body and strong hooves to support him. As his hooves hammered into the stall gate the man knew this horse would be the right one for what he was planning.

              He took the money he needed out of his wallet, with his bony fingers, although he held his head high, his eyes sent the message that he wasn't sure of anything he was doing. He simply said "that one". The lead was unhooked and he was off down the road on the broad-shouldered horse he had just gotten.

               Once he had started he heard a horse howl in pain in the distance. He knew that horse was giving birth, but he was probably to rich to care. His new horse reared up, he couldn't hold on. The man was knocked out on the trail. The chestnut took off without even stopping to think about what he had done. Something seemed wrong, very wrong.

               He ran through the bushes and heard another howl of pain. The horse reached the valley of where the sound was coming from. There a sire was giving birth. A small filly came out a chestnut-roan even, with tall stockings. She slowly looked up at her sire and dam with an extraordinary gleam in her eyes.

              The sire couldn't keep up, and slowly her swelled body took one last breath. Without the sire the baby wouldn't live.

              A shorter man crept out of the bushes and got the baby to an animal rescue. This filly was very lucky, but too young to know.

           "Luck" the man that just saved her breathed. " Her name will be Luck".