Living The Past, Brittany

Another cold day with my family. The fireplace is running and we are all around it. My mother laughs at a joke my brother tell us as she hands us all a cup of hot chocolate.

I smile and take it, thanking her for being so nice. She smiles back and sits next to my dad. "So Brittany.", she says looking to me. I look at her and sip my warm drink. "Yes mother?", I ask smiling at her. "We have been thinking about going on vacation to Hawaii for a while, at least until it warms up a little!", she laughs, "I haven't told you yet, but I just want to make sure you are okay with it!"

I giggle, "Of course!!" My mother smiles at me and we all look at the fireplace, enjoying the warmth.

~A week timeskip~

My parents stand in front of me, all of us ready to go. My brother stands tall next to my short little 4 year old body. I look up at him and giggle, it's time to go to Hawaii. My dad picks me up and kisses my cheek, "We don't wanna lose you in the crowd of people!"

We finally get into the plane and it takes off. Another vacation in the past year! Yay! I smile and sit by the window. My brother sits next to me and smiles. "Hey Brittany!" I look at him and grin. "Hi Lucas!"

I look back out the window as we take off. This is one of my favorite parts of every plane ride. When we went to Florida, London, Chicago, California, and several other places!

Mom always taught me the history of each place and my dad would bring me to the famous landmarks! My brother would constantly bring me to the art museums in the area. He told me that when he grows up more that he wants to go to Italy!

He said that one day, when I get married, I should go to Italy! I'm not sure if I will ever get married though. If I do, I want it to be someone really nice. Maybe tall. I'm not sure..

After awhile on the plane, I hug Lucas's arm and fall asleep.

I wake up once we are at our hotel. I sit up slightly and hear my mom yelling. "We came on this vacation to have fun, Dallas! Not for you to
right away say we need to go back for your work!", my mother says to my dad. "Well, I'm so very sorry Anna! I took off of work, but obviously they need me back! If you don't want to come with, then I'll go alone and leave you with the kids!"

I'm scared. I've never heard them fight like this. Actually... I've never heard them fight. Lucas was so where to be seen. I almost start to cry, but instead I sneak out of the room. It's seems weird to have a four year old walking around by herself. But I need to find Lucas. He can help. I run to find him.

It takes awhile for me to find him. When I do, he is talking to another person. "Yeah. I'm not sure what is going on. But it'll be okay.", Lucas says chuckling. The other guy smiles, "Yeah. Well, it was nice finally meeting you in person. Text me later. Maybe we can meet again?" Lucas nods, "Sure!"

He turns around and sees me. "Oh. Hey Brittany. Where is mom and dad?" I hug his leg, "They are fighting.." Lucas picks me up and starts to walk to the hotel room. "Not again..", he mumbles.

When we arrive back, mom is sitting alone on the couch. "Oh. Hello kids. Your father had to leave back to work. Our vacation will be shortened. We will only be here two more days. Then we are leaving." Lucas sighs, "Alright mom.."

The next two days went by fast. Mom stayed at the hotel as Lucas and I explored.

A few hours before we had to leave, we decided to take a walk. "When I move to Italy, I will be sure to call you and text you everyday!", he exclaims with a grin. "Yay! Big brother loves meee!" He ruffles my hair, "I sure do. Make sure you marry someone good, though. So when I do meet them when you find me in Italy, I won't have to get rid of him.", he jokes around. I smile, "I will."

We walk back to the hotel and open the door to see mom packing up. "Oh hello kids. It's time to leave." Lucas sighs and begins packing his things. I grab my blanket that I brought with and my bear stuff animal. I named him Dan.

Lucas helps me put them in my bag. "Thank you..", I say, smiling. Mom rushes us outside and to the airport. I wonder what happened between mom and dad?

Soon enough, we are back on a plane to our house. Where I will find out what is happening. And I will find out that my life is going to change a lot.

We arrive back home. Mom tells us to go to our rooms. The walls are very thin, though. So I can hear everything. "How dare you leave us!? You said that you wouldn't!", my mom yells. "Well work called me in!!", my dad yells back. Soon enough they are bickering again about the stupidest things.

Usually my family was okay. We usually all got along. But.. There were our days. I had a fear of being hated. And I still do. Sometimes I would do something and my dad would show disgust of some sorts. I took it as hate. And it was terrible. My mom would constantly hate on me for the weirdest things. Or my dad would complain about my strange hate fear. It all seemed like hate.

After at least thirty minutes, I get tired of the yelling and screaming. I have heard enough, and even some things about me and Lucas. I ran out of the house as quick as I could.

I took one last look at the house. Lucas's window. I could see the pain in his eyes. I saw him say something. "I love you.. I'll see you in Italy..." That's the last time I see him.

I nodded sadly then began to run. I ran until my small legs could no longer move. Until my chest was burning from my sharp inhales of breath. My sides ached. I look to the side. "Sky's Orphanage", I read aloud. A car pulls up next to me. Someone grabs the fabric of my hoodie and drags me inside the building. "I'm giving this child away.", my mom says.

The lady at the desk looks down at me and grimaces. "Alright. I'm Ms.Kijvi, by the way. What's the kids name?", she asks. "Brittany Phoenix." "Age?" "Four." "Okay. Thank you. We will take her away. Just. Sign some stuff. The brat will be put up."

Someone else comes out and brings me to a room. "Hello dear. I'm Rosalina.", she says with a smile,"I will be here for you whilst you are here. The owner is rude." I nod, tears in my eyes. I cry.

"They got rid of me Rosa!", I hug her, "I didn't do anything wrong! I'm only four!! Who will want me!?" I cry more. I cry until there are no more tears. And then I fall asleep.

A/n:

So this is some of Brittany's past! It's basically most of the important stuff. So, I hope you liked it!

Any mistakes with storylines, names, locations, and ages are entirely my fault. I did read my whole book before writing this. So, I am really sorry if anything is incorrect!

Nate's is next, and I'm still not completely sure how I will do this. Ahaha. I will end up making it work.

Bye!