13

When Saturday came around, Lauren was well enough to get out of bed and make her own food. She did spent most of the day lounging around while Camila was out somewhere, but she grew bored quickly and desperately wanted the girl back home.

They were slowly getting back on track. Not to the point of flirting again, but their conversations were not forced and Lauren was okay with that for now. She desperately wanted to taste Camila again though. She would do anything to kiss her, but Lauren believed if they overstepped the boundaries again, she would most likely have to find somewhere else to leave, because she didn't believe Camila would choose her over Charlie.

There had to be something there though right? Camila wouldn't have wanted to kiss her in the classroom for nothing. It was a big deal, even though Lauren didn't want to speak about it that way.

They were just acting on their desires. Even though Camila did technically cheat, Lauren wanted to make sure that she didn't feel like shit. That was hard at first when Camila ignored her, but now that they were talking again, Lauren still needed Camila to know that she was beautiful. Lauren felt that if they were to kiss again, Camila would break. And she couldn't have that.

But that didn't mean Lauren couldn't compliment her roommate. If only she was here right now. Lauren would tell her how nice she smelled yesterday and how great her legs looks in that plaid skirt — which was probably way too inappropriate for a teacher at school.

Lauren's shameful thoughts of her teacher were interrupted by her less liked roommate. Charlie strolled in the house and frowned upon noticing Lauren slumped on the sofa like a lump.

"Bored?" He asked.

Lauren shrugged nonchalantly. "I thought you were working."

"I still am," he opened the fridge and pulled out a container, "forgot my lunch."

Lauren nodded in acknowledgement before loosening her pants at her waist. She felt bloated and unhappy. She wanted Camila.

"Are you still working at the bar?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Did you want another job?" Charlie asked. "I need some help around the shop, like a partner while my mate is out of town."

Lauren mulled over the man's offer. She never declined money, mainly because she wanted to afford an apartment like this, or better, someday. But she didn't want to spend time with Charlie if she didn't have to. Having him around the apartment was enough. She didn't think she could face him at his work for hours on end, after what she and Camila had done.

They both betrayed him.

She could really use the money though. Even if it was only temporary.

"Sure, okay."

"Awesome," Charlie lit up, "want to come back with me now?"

Lauren sighed and lethargically got up. "Why not, I'm not doing anything better."

*****

It took a while for Lauren to find the energy to perform the tasks Charlie asked of her. They didn't involve my effort, but because Lauren was still recovering from a sickness, she could barely lift a wrench.

She couldn't even be bothered changing into a uniform, but Charlie insisted. It was something to do at least. About half an hour into 'working', Charlie told Lauren to sit back for a second while he made a call about a part.

"I might be a while, so relax your feet," Charlie suggested, before leaving. Lauren saluted him before dropping her ass down on the hood of the car. It was a Firebird. An absolute beauty. Lauren wanted to ask Charlie if she could sit in it, but he would probably call someone else that actually wanted to put in work.