Chapter 5

Waking up the next morning, I couldn't help but think of Jared. I mean, he was in my dream last night, and I didn't understand why. Was this just part of life? Boys getting in your head after a couple days? I hadn't experienced this before. This was all so new to me. What was this feeling? 

  I could hear my mom coming up the stairs, and I looked at the time on my phone, only to see that it was 10:27 a.m. and I freaked. That's why she was coming up. "Oh no. She's going to be so mad." Quickly, I got up, and grabbed an outfit before going to the shower. As I'm grabbing some clothes, Lana comes in.

  "Oh good! You're up. I didn't think you'd ever wake from that slumber." She jokes with me. "In all seriousness though, we have to be at the set in an hour and a half, so please be ready sweetie." Lana said, kissing my forehead before leaving the room. Now that i only had an hour and a half to get ready, I set my timer for approximately fifteen minutes. Going to the bathroom, I prepared for my shower. (Shampoo, conditioner. All the basics.)

  Turns out I set my alarm for the right time, because i had forty seconds to spare. "Yay me."  I thought to myself. Today's outfit consisted of my pink and black crop top, along with a pair of Daisy-duke like shorts. I was feeling a little out of my zone and wanted to try something new, and this was definitely it. Next, slipping on my black and white Converse, I grabbed my small purse and ran down stairs, as Lana always wanted me to eat a little breakfast before anything; even work. 

"Mom, I'm ready!" I yell to her, but shes only in the other room, so I let out a small laugh. "Coming dear, I'm grabbing my bag." I can hear her say from her bedroom, which is located right down the hall from the family-room. As I see her come out of her room, I fix my hair a little more, making it a messy bun instead of a plain ponytail. "Well, Chris, you look..... Different." Lana smiled at me, as she slipped her shoes on. "Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?" I was curious and wanted to know. Setting her hand on my shoulder, she replied. "It isn't a terrible thing. All girls go through this phase. With crop tops, and a pair of the shortest shorts they could find." I look at her and I could just feel that she was going to tell me that I was dressed inappropriately. "I'm just looking out for you. I don't want any perverted boys staring at you, and I know they will. You've got a nice body, on their standards. and they'll do anything to get a girl like you." Smiling, I hugged her. "Thank you for looking out for me. No one has ever done that before in my life."

  Soon enough after, we were in the car on the way to set, and I get a text from a familiar number. The text read: "Hey you little freak. Hope you remember me. After all you are famous now, you're all over the news, in fact. Text me if you want to talk, because I'm free from that hell-hole of an orphanage. Love and miss you girly. Mwah xx -Lilian <3" She's out of that place! Maybe she can come to set. I'll ask. "Hey Mom, I know this is pretty much off limits, but I wanted to know if one of my best friends back from the foster home could come to set? She turned 18 today, and she promised she would come see me once she got out." Lana nodded her head. :Yes she can come to set. Does she need a ride? We could give her one." :Let me text her back."

  "Hey Lilian. Omg I missed you so much, it feels good to talk to you again. I didn't forget about you though! How could I? I want you to come to the set today. Is that okay? Do you need a ride? We could give you one. -Christine XO" Patiently waiting for her to text back, I sat in my seat, grinning like a child on Christmas morning. Suddenly, my phone vibrates, and its Lilian! "Of course I can come to set, and yes, if possible, I need a ride. :)" I soon asked for directions, and off we went, to pick up Lilian.

  Strangely enough, she was only about two and a half miles from our house. She could've stopped by if she texted sooner. Pulling up to the address, I saw Lilian. In only a couple of weeks, she got taller. Once the car came to a complete stop, I unbuckled as fast as I possibly could, and jumped out of the car to hug Lilian. "Lilian!" I say, hugging her at the same time. "Hey you little freak, its good to see you again." She said, hugging me pretty tight. "We kind of have to get going. We're supposed to be at the set in forty five minutes." I giggled as we started to walk towards the car.

  "Mom, this is my best friend, Lilian. Lily, this is my mom." Lilian shook Lana's hand, and smiled. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs.Parrilla." "Its a pleasure to meet you as well, Lilian. Girls, get buckled please, we have to go, we have a thirty minute drive ahead of us." I listen to her, and decide, last minute, to sit in the back seat with Lilian. On the car ride there, we caught up on our lives, and I learned that she was basically homeless at the moment, as she was only eighteen, and no one would adopt an adult. Not even realizing how much we talked, we arrived at the set. "Wow. This is..... a little different than what I thought it would look like in real life, but its still really cool." Lilian stated, stepping out of the car, and I followed behind.

  "Thats what I thought at first too." I giggled, before noticing Lilian look at someone. "Who ya looking at, Lily?" I asked, before she pointed in his direction. "Jared?!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys! I've finally updated the book :D Yay! Sorry for the super long delay, I just really had to finish out school with a BANG! And I did :) I will be updating more chapters now, hopefully. But just keep your eyes peeled... You never know when I'll update again.

So, Lilian is back! I may introduce her as a main character from now on. But, I don't know how Christine will feel about having her around.... Apparently, Lilian has taken a liking to Chris' major crush. How will this all end up? Stay tuned for Chapter Six! Coming Soon!