But I Want Him!

The two girls arrived back home quickly, Mia hoping to avoid Cody on the way out of the store. When Mia and Danni walk in they are greeted by Danni's Mom's boyfriend. Tom wasn't very nice to her at all. Always screaming or hitting Danni when she was just playing with toys or wanting to watch cartoons like her and her dad would do every night before bed. She really hated Tom but her mom loved him. She always ignored Danni's accusation against him being mean to her. Mia didn't care. After Cody left 4 months ago, all she did was yell at Danni too. She hated the fact that she looked so much like Cody and that she always wanted to go see him. After awhile Tom started getting mad at Danni for it and decided hitting the child would make her be quiet. It worked for Tom and Mia but for Danni it made her terrified of him. All she wanted was her daddy so why couldn't she go see him? She knew that him and her mommy were "mad with each other" but she didn't see why that made herself not able to see him. She quietly ran to her play room upstairs. Her and her dad had made this secret spot for her to play in a small closet that was closed off in the wall. When her dad had found it in her room,he decided to make it a hideout for her to run to and play in when ever she felt scared or sad. Her and her dad would curl up in their and read a book to calm her down if she got scared by her Mommy and him yelling. After she crawled in she laid down on the soft pillow and blanket that smelled like her Dad. She let a tear fall as she remembered when he would be their to hug her and tell her everything was alright if their was a fight or yelling in the house. She moved stuff around until she found her iPod that her dad got her. He made it for her to listen to when he was on tour. It has all of his bands songs and some others that she loved to listen to. She pulled it out a pressed play as she curled up and fell asleep to her favourite song. Her dad always sang it to her when she was falling asleep.