Prologue

When I die, I will be smiling and every body around me will be crying. It was the opposite of how I came into this world when I was crying and everyone was smiling. I used to say this when I was young.

I've never given thought into how I would die through. Kind of like Bella in Twilight, but smarter and more motivated about living life to the fullest and not worrying about some shiny vampire. In one way we were the same through. Both of us wanted to die happy with the person or people we loved with us. Even dying for someone else's life.

My mother had told me don't say such things when I told her this. It would come back to get me and sometimes what we want isn't going to happen the way we had hoped. I would brush it off, I had always got what I wished for. Everything always went my way.

When I asked for a little brother, my mother said no. Then the pharmacist accidentally gave her someone else's birth control. It was a different type so her body needed a few weeks to adjust to it. Eventually she accidentally got pregnant by one of her clients and my brother was born seven months later, as healthy as a horse amazingly.

When I wanted a dog again the answer was the same, but do you know what happened? I found a stray pup wondering out in the rain. My baby brother fell in love with the frilly white puff ball of a dog and my mother couldn't take the pitiful look he had on his face when she tried calling the SPCA.

Then, while walking from school that evening I realised that she was right about things coming back  to get me. I was pulled from the sidewalk into the darkness of a nearby building. A blind fold was placed over my eyes and my hands, cuffed behind be back along with my feet.

I don't remember much about it, but it smelled of a swamp in the beginning. It smelled horrifyingly like rotting corpses where I was kept, in the basement. While sitting there was torture, breathing in the disgusting air, the things I was being put threw by whoever locked me there was worse.

What I do remember was the way he would laugh when I didn't scream, the stinging and throbbing of my fingers when he cut them off, and when I thought death had finally claimed me and he revived me to supplement to the suffering he had already inflicted.

On my last day, there was a group of them. They would take turns with me. I hated the way they touched my and the way they laughed with joy when I yelled in pain for the first time.

I knew they would kill me when a rough hand lifted the the cloth from my eyes. Light blinded me when it bestowed upon, the brightness and life it brought. I lied there looking into it after they left.

If you thought I was finished after that, you were wrong. For some reason, my soul just wouldn't let go, my body just wouldn't give up and let my be free. I stayed there for hours until he came back. I turned my head weakly and looked at him for the first time.

He had grimy hair and his face was no better. His eyes were almost black. He had a arm that was as black as tar, but the rest of him had a skin tone of ivory. He was tall, had bulging muscles, and bloody clothes. I realised it as my own.

"You just won't die will you?" He asked stooping down next to me. I just looked at him and turned back to the light. My throat felt raw and sore from screaming, but I was also to weak to talk.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" His sticky hand grabbed my head roughly and turned it so forcely, my body turned with it. Still, I didn't make a sound.

"You know, girls like you shouldn't be alive. You know, the ones who think everything is about them and they should get whatever they want, but you know what? Everything would be a lot better if they were never born." I stared at the wall behind him. I took noticed of the body of a young girl lying against it. From the look of it, she was no more than nine when she was killed. Barely old enough to get the full understanding of arrogance or even selfishness.

"You don't really need those do you?" What was he talking about? I looked up at him. He had a metal contraption in his hand. It was like a scooper for ice cream, but smaller. Almost as small as a eye. Oh no, I thought when he brought it towards my widened ones.

Those were my last memories.

It turns out I wasn't getting my wish of how I would leave this world. It was almost like when I was born. I was screaming and crying and he was smiling wickedly.