Chapter 3: Calliopé

I was sitting on the top branches of a tree gazing at the midnight moon. It was beautiful and I often wished I could have become one of her loyal followers. But my crimes were too massive and I was a banished elf. Forced to hide in the darkness of the night.

‘What are you doing?’ A male voice besides me suddenly asked. I turned around, a dagger ready in one hand and magic in the other.

‘Gods be dammed Tiro! You almost scared me to death.’

‘If anybody would die, it would be me. You always were the better fighter.’ The young man with the boyish grin replied. His red hair was tussled with leaves sticking out of it and I couldn’t help but chuckle a little at how he looked. His light grey skin was turned slightly pink and he was panting a bit.

‘I know…’ I said before I softly pecked his lips. His hand softly stroke my cheek and the dimples that appeared in his quickened my heartbeat. I sighed because I knew I would be the reason that smile would disappear tonight and be replaced with a frown and worries.

‘Tiro…’ I started, ‘I’m thinking about leaving.’ He frowned but after a while smiled weakly.

‘That’s funny I thought I heard you say you were leaving?’

‘I want to…’ I told him, grabbing his hand in mine. Even thought he had a very light skin tone mine was even lighter and I squished his hand reassuringly.

‘Have you gone mad?!’ He exclaimed angrily. ‘Did you forget what the sun feels like?’ I flinched, I hadn’t. ‘ Because believe me it is a very painful trip to the next village…’ He said sarcastically. As a night elf we couldn’t handle the sun, for it would burn our skin and bring us a painful death.

‘I will be fine.’ I reassured him after a long silence. His face looked desperate and his eyes, those beautiful blue orbs, where begging me to stay. ‘I swear.’

‘I don’t want to lose you completely. You would be my wife if everything would have gone without …’

‘Tiro, you know I like you, but please don’t bring that up.’ The memories were still too painful. He softly brushed a lock of my long night blue hair behind my pointy ears.

‘Good I won’t talk about it anymore. Do you still have a good weapon?’ He changed the subject quickly.

‘Just the small ones.’

‘Good, here’s your birthday present.’ He lifted up a little bundle cloth and gave it to me. ‘Although your sister got the dwarf so far that he was willing to make this for you. Anyway, happy 18th birthnight.’

‘How’s my sister doing?’ I asked while unpacking my present.

‘Krim is doing fine, all dwarfs love her and it seems like she will become our ambassador for matters involving tradements.’ His eyes were staring at my face while I slowly noticed what my little sis and he got me.

‘It’s beautiful.’ I looked at the sword, completely stunned by its beauty. It was made out of a dark iron, but still reflected the little light. It had a great shape. It was slim but big enough to look like more as a giant toothpick, and the blade itself diluted a bit before it went over in the handle. The handle was made out of the same material as the cutting part but there were pieces of leather strapped around. Their lovely blue color gave the sword a magic touch. But the thing that my eyes were checking out the most was the top of the handle, the part that connected the blade with the handle. A dragon with open wings, his chest was a beautiful, consisting out of a dark blue gem. The veins in the gem made it look like it existed out of scales. The dragons tail made a nice bow and ended at the end of the handle.