Chapter 4

(RECAP)

I began to choke up at the end. My dad remembered. Back when I was younger, I wanted to learn as many languages as I could. And at the time, he was teaching me Danish. I now know Danish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Spanish, Italian, French, and German and can speak them fluently. He was also the only one allowed to call me Nai. I miss him so much.

Chapter 4~

                "Are you okay??"

                Tears flowed down my face and I began to sway. Jullian caught me just before I crashed to the ground, but when his skin touched mine, I felt this weird jolt. I snapped my head up and looked at him. I seemed to get caught in his eyes, which were like the color of a tropical ocean. Some time obviously passed because I faintly heard Jack calling my name. The sound of his voice snapped me out of my trance. I looked at Jack and told him that I was alright. After making sure I was situated on the couch, Jack turned and looked at me. "Naida, What did the note say?"

                Voice cracking, I replied, "he wants us to go with these two and live with him."He looked surprised at first, but it was quickly masked with a look of anger.

                "What? He wants us to go to him after he left us with that…that… person and he expects us to trust him to not leave again??"

                I watched him as he continued to rant about how our father had 'abandoned' us. When he was finished, I calmly stated, "Jack, even if you think he abandoned us, he's still our father. I want to go and see him. Don't you miss him? He'll probably explain everything when we get there!"

                Jack was quiet for a moment with his head ducked. When he looked up, his eyes were watery. In a quiet voice, he admitted, "I just don't want him to hurt you again. After he left the first time, you were so devastated. You wouldn’t talk to anyone for the longest time."

                That confession went straight to my heart. Had I worried him that much? So much that even now he was afraid that I would go back? Wrapping him in a hug, I comforted him. "Oh Jack, I promise that will never happen again. Even if he leaves again, I can't break down. I have to take care of you!"

                After a moment of silence, "*sigh* umm… okay… I guess we'll go and see what he has to say."

                The next week consisted of us packing up and saying goodbye to everyone. The hardest was the one with Callie. We cried our eyes out and promised to call and visit. Also during that week, Jullian and I got closer and closer. The night before we were to leave, he and I were out in the forest as wolves.

                Under the bright, beautiful moon, we sat at the shore of a lake. I sat right next to him and lay down. The usual tingly feeling came. Suddenly, he got up and turned to look at me.

                -Hey Naida?-

                -Yeah??-

                -When we touch, do you feel anything?-

                -umm… yeah… I have this weird tingly feeling…-

                -Has your wolf told you anything about that?-

                -No… she said to figure it out on my own… or that you would eventually tell me what it meant-

                His beautiful eyes were uncertain and hesitant.

                -Jullian, please tell me…-

                -*sigh* this tingly feeling when we touch… it's a sign that we're… mates…-

                _*GASP*

******

HAHAHA!! TWILIGHT CLIFF HANGER!!! Lol… you know how all twilight movies end with bella like gasping or something?? :p well, it's been a LONG time… I'm trying to update both of my stories more… I'm open to suggestions for the plot!!!!

Love

Charles the Turtle!