Prologue

It is a weird sensation, falling that is. The feeling of the bitter wind rushing through your ears and hair, the breathlessness of your lungs and the frozen tips of your fingers as they reach up into the empty air, for anything to grasp upon that could save your very being. The taste of sea salt catches my tongue as the wall of air crashed against my back chilling me to my bones as I plummet closer and, closer to the dark crashing waves that roar below me, calling me into its depths with rolling waters that look ever so inviting.

I close my eyes and try to shut out the stark reality. I refuse to acknowledge the fact this may very well be the end of my existence in this world; I am scared of the end, afraid of being cast into Davy Jones' locker and being cursed to a hell such as that.

I open my eyes; I am not alone.

The other was falling just inches from myself; alongside me, he seemed motionless in the air as he plummeted. His blood drained face and dull eyes that have no problem digging through my own and straight into my soul. With a mere glance, it brought back memories that I didn't wish to remember. I promised myself that I would bury them deep and hide the key that can unlock all the truths that I hide within.

It is getting dark now; my vision has faded and now my life flashes before me in slideshows. It shows me many things, many things including him...