resume

CHAPTER FOUR

TO SAY I KNEW EXACTLY what to do was a bit of a lie, an understatement. My mind isn’t in the right place, but then again when is it ever. Many thoughts have consumed my rationally thinking, this odd feeling had started a few months back, but I couldn’t understand what it was.

It was a day like any other, today that is, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The real battle would be at Olympus, that’s were blood. Most of my crew was disappointed when they heard we would have little to no trouble in reaching Olympus. Although we will not have much trouble I made sure to lesson them on why it’s a good thing. We will need all our strength if we want to bring Andromeda back to the kingdom.

Olympus is not a place for sloppy cuts and throws, it’s a place for god like moves, swift and powerful. Even with our years of training it would not be as easy as other missions, this time we will feel pain. This time blood will fall from our arms, chest and face, cuts will surround our skin. Bruises will cover our skin like stains on clothes.

We will not leave unscathed.

·  ·  ·

THE DAY WASN’T BEING SO HARD on us, well minus the sun burning our skin. Our bodies were burning, it was as if the sun wanted to get inside our bones. Time was ticking, we needed to move quick, and the sun was not making it an easier. Levi was at the back talking to some of the lower ranks while I lead the ones in front. Having him here on the behalf of the king almost seemed strange seeing that he knew Andromeda.  Maybe the king was punishing him for letting her go, but Levi didn’t seem to mind.

“Commander Metias?” a low voice came from beside me, Orion. He's second in command, one of the best fighters in Synth.

“Yes Orion. What is it that you want?” I replied back, making my voice harsher then it is. There is no favoritism in war.

“What will we be seeing exactly in Olympus?” his curiosity would be the death of him, I just know it.

“You will see everything you are. Olympus is filled with death, but not a mere cut in the throat. It will be much worse, there you get to experience real pain, agonizing pain. You will get in there looking up at the gods but leave only seeing devil,”

I chuckled and then continued, “Well that is if you make it out alive. This is no child’s play, its gods who were up against. Gods aren’t so forgiving.”

note
not edited.
well here you go. like I said chapters will be short.