5

I'm overly sure the neighbors are all watching me with cameras set on record. This is differently going to be on riplys believe it or not. People these days are so judgmental. They can't just leave outside the hell alone.

       I knock on lighter boys door and wait. Maybe I should apologize about earlier, but in my defense he was acting like a grade a jerk.

             "Hey," he says.

        I look up at him, well I suppose we've never stood right in front of each other, he's definitely taller than me. He doesn't have his glasses on either and his grey/sliver eyes are almost hypnotic (almost). I take a quick glimpse of the rest of him, black jeans, ripped black shirt, that necklace, and he has a tattoo I didn't see that before. It look like two crosses on top of each other.

          "uh I found some candles," I say holding up the basket.

          "Oh thank you so much," he says, " I was hoping that you'd find something in your lair."

    I give him a blank stare. Nope he can starve, I turn on my heels.

           "Wait, where are you going? Come on I take it back. And I'm very grateful that you shared so many of your candles  especially after what I said earlier today."

          "we're even this is because of the comment I made about your mom."

          "Come in, ill give you back your basket."

    I've watched too many scary movies to fall for that.

          "No its okay, but I did make this for you since the electric is off."

          "Oh," he look at the covered picnic basket skeptically.

          "It isn't poisoned."

          "No that's not," he looks up at me, "thank you."

          "Don't mention it, please."

                           -----------
         I will always regret being so nice, and I knew some nosey neighbor was watching me just waiting to report back to my mom.

             "Why are you so upset, I'm happy you did something nice. Is he your friend?"

             "No I poisoned his food, and I should do the same to pat."

             "Pat didn't tell me. Yale please be nice, like you were earlier."

             "The only reason I helped him is because I was bored."

              "Good way to use your boredom."

              "I'm never helping anyone again."

      She rolls her eyes.

              "You are so self centered, I personally think two weeks is too long for another appointment."

              "What does that have to do with anything?"

              "Look here wench, I don't care about how you feel about anything at this point. Don't talk to me like that."

       Ancient demons please come kill her! Now please.

          "I'm going out tonight, I would say don't leave the house but you have no where to go."

           "Bye, love you."

     I stand up and walk to my room, ignoring her last sentence. If my therapist saw me now he would understand why I'm the way I am. It's bad enough I have to live with her the thought of being stuck with her. I scream into my pillow as the front door slams shut.

        May the chill of the night wind send tingles down your spin and make your hairs stand. May every shadow stare through your pitiful soul.

         There's a tap at my window, I look up and see grey eyes staring at me. Well it's official I need to be Put in a crazy home cause I'm seeing things. I go to open the window and lighter boy is sitting on the tree.

                "what's wrong?" He ask

                "Well you're outside my window! And my neighbors are snitches."

       He looks to the left then the right.

                 "Well the tree isn't in view of your neighbors, so you don't have to worry about that."

                 "That's not the problem! What do you want?"

           "nothing crazy..."

           "I swear this is why I don't help people. You are like a pesky little rat that never goes away! I show you a little kindness and you never leave me alone?! Is that how things work?"

      Lighter boy stands up on the tree and puts the picnic basket on my window ledge.

           "I said I would return this. I didn't want to knock on the front door because I heard you and your mom arguing."

      I am an idiot. There was no need to snap at him, I took my anger out on him when I shouldn't have.

       When I look up lighter boy is gone. I think I really messed up this time. I'm starting to think I shouldn't have said two weeks for therapy.