Cecily

I ran across the grass, giggling as the wind and my speed making the hem of my dress flutter and twirl, my stockinged feet running across the freshly greened fields, my feet not injured by thorns nor thistles.

"Cecy! Cecy! Come back here you naughty little devil. Ellie is going to be absolutely livid with you!" I only turned around to blow a raspberry at my brother, who was chasing me through the fields, getting equally as squalled as me.

I jumped over a half fallen down wooden fence, and kept running, even through the puddles, water splashing up either side of me, as the sea water separated for one of those religious men thousands of years ago, grand tidal waves, thou on either side of thee.

"Run, run, run, as fast as you can, you cannot catch me, for I am Cecily Herondale!" I sang loudly, lifting my skirts up around the middle section of my thighs.

I ran into the lake, the water pleasantly freezing around my neck, I winked at Will, who was trying ever so hard not to laugh, but I could see him back down, being defeated internally.

He stripped off his jacket, and raced in after me, pushing my head under the water momentarily.

I pushed up from the pebbled bottom of the lake, sending splashes of water at my brother, who yelled as it hit his face, the water chilling him to his bones.

"Come on Cariad! Do get out of the water before I bloody murder you! Or die myself!" He yelled, grinning madly, splashing me at every possible moment, when I wasn't seeking shelter underneath the surface.

I felt his hands around my waist, pulling me from under the waves, pulling me back to the shore.

I open my eyes, and stare into his green ones, his arms cupping my cheek, his lips softly against mine, biting my lower lip gently-

Cecily Herondale jerked awake, breathing heavily, putting a hand to her forehead, and slumping back into her chair at her desk, the letter she had been writing to her parents, crunched into a ball, on the floor, as it had been.

Great expectations, had fallen shut, and Cecily was at a loss to remember her page.

She wrapped her arms around herself tightly, feeling like weeping. Ever since Tessa had come in, and that little talk, Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel, Will, Will, Will, Will, and a pair of gray eyes, Geraldene hugging her softly-

"Just stop it!" Cecily yelled, whilst in her thoughts, having wandered over to her looking-glass, and shouted an outburst at her distraught reflection, carrying the air of an opium eater in a dreamy coma.

Memories, thoughts and emotions swirled like a hurricane in her mind, making her panic and fret, not been able to make sense of this truthful ill-fated coma that was closing shut around her, blocking her from precious things.

Cecily sighed, and went over to her bed, and picked up her diary, scribbling furiously in it.