IV

"Is it this one?"

"Nope."

"Here or here?"

"Not exactly..."

I sighed in frustration and whipped my head to look at Javen with my dirtiest look that I could muster,"Then which tree is it?! We have been walking around for circles and have looked at more than twelve trees from around here. And not to mention we're most likely going to get into a lot of trouble, and by we I mean you, because we are not allowed to be out at this time, and by we I mean you again."

I furrowed my eyebrows and glared harder than I ever had before when he started laughing at me,"What's so funny, ese!?"

He froze for a moment and then began laughing harder. I huffed and imagined choking him with my bare hands and smirked. No one would have to know it was me; I can always move to Mexico if I ever get caught. I've always wanted sell churros. Oh, a churro sounds really good right now...

"What's with the cute smile?"

I snapped my head to Javen who had taken a picture of me while I was thinking about food.

"Delete that." I said with a serious face. He smirked and looked at me with a little gleam in his eyes.

"Nah."

1...2...3...4...5...breath, Eva. Breath.

I looked at Javen and let out a sigh,"Would you pretty please delete that picture. For me?"

He sighed and looked in a mocking deep in thought face,"Okay."

I sighed and smiled,"Thank you so much-"

He interrupted,"But-"

I frowned,"-dick."

He smirked,"We are not leaving until we find the tree that I am looking for, for my scrapbook."

"Ugh, fine!" I huffed out and began walking to start off a new search, Javen following behind me.

"You are so impatient Hope."

I stopped at mid-step and turned to his chuckling self,"And you are way too happy."

He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest. He opened his mouth to say something but ended up furrowing his eyebrows and walking ahead of me. I trailed behind him like a lost puppy, telling him to slow down. His long strides lead us to big maple tree. The leaves were a beautiful red- orange and had it's branches nearly touching the ground. The sun was hitting so nicely that some of it's warm-golden rays were hitting through little openings of the tree.

 The sun was hitting so nicely that some of it's warm-golden rays were hitting through little openings of the tree

The tree has been there since I was born and before. I remember coming to the tree to hide from all of my problems. Eventually I stopped coming, I don't know why, but I stopped. A lot of people know about the tree but decide to not admire it or anything near that aspect. I even carved my initials in one of the branches when I was small; I had stolen my dad's pocket knife and come to the tree just to do that. I even had to sneak out.