Prologue

My name is Nykolia Anderson, but people call me Nycki. I may seem like your average teenager but i'm not. You see, before I moved I was the most popular girl in school, but not everyone knew the real me. I hid things from people; well one thing in particular. I'm gay. Most people didn't know this until I decided to come out of the closet. Before everything went bad in my life I was pretty happy, I had my girlfriend Lilly, my parents were proud of me, and I was invited to everything. Everything was fine, but when I outed myself as gay everything fell to pieces. I was bullied for being gay, my parents were disappointed in me and nobody talked to me anymore including my girlfriend Lilly. Lilly cheated on me because she couldn't stand the pressure of being with me anymore. It seemed like everyone hated me. Everything was falling apart. The bullying  got so bad I wanted to end it all... I tried to hang myself from my ceiling, but my little brother found me before it was too late. My parents had me go to the hospital. I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital a week later for a month.. It was at that point my parents decided we had to move form New York to somewhere else. Somewhere I could start over. Where would that happen to be? Well, we moved to Utah. Things got a little better. No one knew me. No one knew that I was gay. And I wanted to keep it that way.