Chapter 2: "The Hunt" (Part 2)

“How was it?”

I smirked as I watched her greedily licking my already-cleaned-hands. It was completely off from my blood.

I guess you can’t expect less from the greediest Bloodline Nobles, Catherine Smith.

I shrugged and sighed, she’s THE Catherine Smith. But I know someone fully well that could be an equal to her. I grinned mischievously.

“Come on, let’s go back to the quarters and report back to the higher ups.”

I said as I took my hand abruptly from her when she was about to dig her fangs into it.

"Damn it. I was so close."

The corner of my lips curved into a smile as I heard her murmur. Then I felt my phone rang in my pocket and took it out to answer the call.

“Ayaka? What’s wrong?”

As I’ve said before the only person who can match up to Cath is one of my relatives. Ayaka Claudwell Yamamoto. She’s younger than me by 287 years after my father had married with a Japanese Bloodline Noble from the east. And the result is her.

“Hurry and come back to the quarters already. I’m having those nightmares again…”

I could hear her voice trembled on the other side of the phone.

“We will, just wait a bit longer.”

With that, I ended our phone talk and stood to face Cath that had narrowed her eyes at me and had the expression was-that-your-annoying-little-twerp on her face.

“She’s not an annoying little kid, Cath. She’s my sister.”

I sighed as I patted her head.

“Don’t be jealous now.”

I gave her a smirk that would very well annoy her very much.

"Well she is annoying to me..."

She pointed at herself.

 "...and I am so not jealous!"

I cocked an eyebrow at her with disbelief lined on my face.

"So don't get all arrogant and cocky now!"

She stated as she crossed both of her arms.

“I can be arrogant and cocky if I want to Cath.”

My eyes gleamed a warning to her that seemed to make her flinch and gulp down the words she was about to say.

“Or do I have to remind you not to mess with the one who has been the first child of the very first Bloodline Nobles to walk the earth?”

I held my hand in front of her and showed her the mark that symbolized a cross wrapped with roses and thorns.

"And the founder of the Organization?"

I kept a steady gaze on her.

"Y-yeah..."

She started stuttering as fear lined her voice.

"I am quite aware of that already."

I watched with my head held high as she gave me a small bow.

"I highly apologize for the words my impure mouth hath spoken. I take it all back. May I be forgiven?"

It took some while to regain my original composure and out of the blue I patted her head to show that I’m not that much of a heartless man.

But just like what I said earlier, I can either be heartless or not if I wanted to.