Gifts and Apologies~

Romano trudged down the hallway with a pouty look on his face. Where is everyone?! I'm almost certain they haven't left! Romano's face went even more sour as he walked past Spain's room.

"So, your birthday is today right?" Romano stopped dead in his tracks and leaned in against the wall connecting to Spain's room. What are they talking about...

"Sí but you don't have to give me anything Belgium. It's no big deal! Just another day for a country! Fusofusofusofuso!" Obviously, it was Spain who laughed.

"Well I just wanted to get you this for a birthday gift! I know it's not much but I hope you like it!"

Romano heard crinkling wrapping paper and a gasp from the Spaniard.

"Axe shiner?! My axe needed a good shining! Thanks Belgium!" There was a silence after that so Romano just assumed they had hugged.

"No problem! Well, I'll be on my way then! Netherlands wanted me to help him move some boxes! Not that he can't move them himself. My big brother's very strong~" Belgium sighed longingly. He heard Spain grunt and mutter something bad about Netherlands. Romano started to hear footsteps coming closer so he ran away from the door and dived into the nearest room. He panted from his sprint and began to think. The asshole's birthday is today?! How did I forget?! Romano thought back long and hard to the beginning of the week.

Monday

"Hey Romano can you help me get these birthday gifts into my room. I don't know why but France sent a lot of gifts even though my birthday is Friday!" Romano turned around to see Spain lugging around a wagon full of gifts. He scoffed and turned away.

"Nope, do it yourself you gift bastard."

Tuesday

"Hey Romano, can you put that birthday cake to the side? Italy sent it to me for the party he's planning on Friday." Spain asked. Romano sipped his water as he looked down at the cake on the counter. He looked back up at the Spaniard and said, "Do it yourself cake bastard."

Wednesday

"Romano, please clean up this mess. The party on Friday is going to be in here and this living room doesn't look very presentable." Romano looked away from the TV and saw the mess. His eyes scanned the room for a while and then locked on Spain.

"Do it yourself,"

Spain looked towards Romano hopefully.

"bastard."

Spain sighed and started to pick up the trash.

Thursday

"Yeah thanks Prussia for calling. It really means a lot- Romano can you do the dishes I'm talking to Prussia about the music for the party tomorrow."

Romano walked into the kitchen and glanced towards the tower of dishes in the sink. He shook his head and sighed annoyingly.

"Just do it yourself Spain."

Friday

Oh. He has been talking about it all week. Romano felt a pang of guilt in his chest. He stood up off the carpet and snuck out of the room. Well, I'll just have to show Spain I do care!

*An hour in town later...*

"Ugh! What would that jerk Spain want!" Romano cried out. He had stormed into seven shops already but hadn't found a single item that he thought Spain would want. Romano was starting to get worried.

"What am I going to do?! The party's in..." He took out his phone and his eyes widened. "In thirty minutes!"

Romano ran down the corridor in a rush to get back to Spain's house in time. His boots stomped against the pavement while his mind raced faster. Due to the speed of his run, his curl started to fly around in the wind behind him. Finally he made it to Spain's house but it looked like it was too late. There were cars ringed around his yard accompanied by the pumping of music that radiated across the estate.