Part 4

It's been four weeks since I made the bet with Lee and I am finally ready to leave. I walked toward the pub and told Lee I was leaving.
"Remember our bet, Kent."
"I will." I said
I went to leave when Lee came and whipped me around.
"Don't die, ok."
I smirked and walked out of the pub.

I started down Main Street when I heard a loud clap of thunder in the Sky. It was so loud my ears started to ring, then I heard a scream from far away. I figured it was a scream of one of the creatures beyond the wall. Maybe it didn't like loud sounds. It started to rain. It got worse and worse as I moved toward the gate. I hid behind one of the houses that was close to the gate. There was a small rock beside me and I picked it up.

The guard looked around. Everything was silent except for the rain. He then felt a bad pain in his head and he fell to the ground.

I snuck up behind the guard and smacked him in the head with the rock. He fell to the ground with a big thump. That was easy, I thought. I walked up to the gate and tried to turn the wheel. With a big gush of wind, the big concrete slab lifted off the ground. It was only a couple inches off the ground when about one hundred yards behind me, a guard came around the corner of a building.
"Hey, get away from the gate!" He yelled I opened up the gate a little bit more and tried to fit through.
The gap was to small! There was no time to open it up more because the guard was closing in on me.
I pushed as hard as I could and I popped out. I noticed that I was not on the ground any more.