The Photo

It was the summer before my senior year, and I knew them. Well, I didn't know them. Gemma and Jordan were like two kindred souls joined together by a share for the same interest. I was just the camera behind the everlasting darkness of their attraction as it grew. Watching, recording, contributing...walking through the rain that day I could never have known that the simplicity of a goodbye could never be a forever for those goodbyes. Gemma was great, a beautiful girl and person, and was impressive beyond belief. We were inexplicable sane apart, but when drawn together we were inexplicably insane. That was the beauty of that bright friendship we started.

    When we waved goodbye that day as I got on the bus the last face I saw was hers. The first face I pictured next to hers was his, and the next time I saw her...my thoughts were correct. As a female, I blamed It on my intuition, however, who could have known that as I documented the looks and the poses...I also recorded their untold love story. Yea. Who knew. You spend your whole teenage life looking for something to smile at and yourself. I still have a year and six months of mine left. I've found the latter, but the former has more to do with a love story than a love story has to do with being a teenager. We smile all the time, and yet we look for something to smile at. Gemma and Jordan smile at each other... and I -for now- continue to smile at them.