BASICS

Sorry I've been holding back, and the worst part is this might be THE shortest chapter I'll type for this story... but its at least something to look forward to! PLEASE VOTE, FAN, AND/OR  DEDICATE!!

Chapter 2

                 “Are there any other things we – or just I should know?” James asks Alexus. The tropical men had names, of course, but we never thought to ask them until the beginning of our conversation on the plane ride to Mexico City. Alexus is the talkative one and Placido is the statue like one. Conveniently, we never missed the plane because they have their own plane, so we have no cranky airplane ladies asking us if we need something, no annoying children who can’t stop talking, and no real seating. It was like your own personal airplane so you can have plenty of room lying down on a long seat, you can face people you want to talk to, and the bathroom is much nicer than a public airplane one.

                Alexus and Placido thought about it then, “Well we have many superstitions, you’ll learn about those later on…” Alexus pauses to think of more. “Oh! Completely forgot about this one, you must go on a quest in order to rule; it will show how you judge things, what you’ll do in times in need, and most of all show if you’re able to rule Terra or not.”

                “Why do we need to go through a quest? Shouldn’t we be able to rule automatically?” I ask, I understand they want to know some things like how we react to situations but they didn’t have to take it as far as a quest.

                “We just explained to you why we do the quest.” Placido answers.

                “Do you know what the quest is?” James questions.

                “Even if we did know, we wouldn’t be able to say. The job is left to the king or queen,” he puts emphasis on “queen”. “Your uncle, Kione, will be the one making the quest but there are limits like life or death limits.” I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding. Thank god I know I won’t die from this! I think thankfully. I look over at James and see he has relaxed more too. “I can’t say I know the actual limits but if you’re in a situation where, in this case one of you will die or both, then we will have the Limit Maker get you through the one part until its safe.”

                “There’s an actual Limit Maker?” I ask dumbfounded that it’s a real job.

                “Yes,” Placido answers shocked. “Do you have any idea how many times the old king or queen doesn’t want to give up their position and want to stop it right away by a simple ‘mishap’? It would be all too easy. There are many ways to have judgment tested and a quest is the first option and the next would be to have the Limit Maker make one for a dead king or queen. And so many that you can’t get into a ruling position without having your judgment tested.” Okay, so there goes that option, I mentally tell myself.

                “Since this isn’t comforting me more than it was already,” James speaks up, “Anything else you need to mention? Like things we can and can’t do, if we have to learn another language or something.” Alexus and Placido look at each and think while doing this…

                “AH! Almost forgot the other one.” Alexus says disappointed in himself for forgetting it. “Your names aren’t James and Veronica.” He states like it’s not a problem.