Run

I sat in the corner of an empty room hiding from the rest of the team. Why did I have to join the team? Why couldn't I have just went home instead of trying to stop Loki? I hated all of their yelling and arguing. Bruce was right we weren't a team we were a time bomb. I knew I should probably go back to the others but I really don't want to head back into the chaos. Suddenly the sentence that Loki had said popped into my mind.

"Anyway I'm not trying to escape. This is only part of my plan."

At that moment I knew I had to tell Director Fury the information I had learned. I sat up from the curled up position I was in and started walking towards the place I had ran from. Outside of the door I could hear Tony and Steve fighting......again. I walked into the room discreetly and stood next to Natty.

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man." Tony yelled at Steve.

"Ooh. Shots fired!" I muttered so that only Nat could hear me.

"Put on the suit." Steve countered.

All of a sudden a loud boom was heard and an explosion had occurred opening up the floor below my feet. I fell down with Natty and Bruce. I groaned looking around to see if Nat and Bruce were safe. Unfortunately it seemed like Nat was stuck under a pipe and Bruce was starting to look a little green.

"Uh Brucey are you alright there buddy?" I asked nervous about if he was going to go all Hulk out on me.

I got no response from him. He seemed to be fighting the hulk from coming out.

"Doctor? Bruce you gotta fight it. This is just want Loki wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me." Natasha tried after my failed attempt. "We're going to be okay. Right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, and never...." Before Natasha could finished Bruce interrupted her.

"Your life!"

"Bruce." Nat pleaded

I immediately got up and pushed the pipe off of Nat. Bruce gave us one last knowing look before the Hulk took over.

"Run!" I shouted grabbing Natty's hand and running down a hallway.

I pulled Nat behind some pipes to hide from the hulk. I knew the Hulk was strong and not even I could defeat him. Yes I am a demigod but I'm not invincible in fact I'm more human than I am god.

"I'll distract him. You go run and get help." I whispered urgently to Nat.

"No. I will not leave you here to die." Nat protested.

Before I could say anything back the Hulk had crashed his fist upon the pipe that we were hiding behind.

"Too late now. Run!" I screamed dragging Nat down the hallway.

The hulk was close behind us ramming his hands into glass shattering it to pieces. Suddenly I had this brilliant idea. I'm surprised that I wasn't a child of Athena.

"I have an idea. When I say jump, jump to the side." I whisper yelled to Natasha.

"Oh I see what you're doing." Nat replied catching on to my plan.

At the end of the hallway was a dead end that we were approaching fast. Right before we ran into the wall I gave the signal and we jumped to the side. The hulk crashed into the wall tumbling into the next room. After that Nat and I just lay there for a couple seconds breathing hard.

"We survived. Yay." I said with absolutely no enthusiasm at all.

Nat chuckled a little at my response.

"Did I just hear the deadly assassin laugh!?" I replied with mock surprise.

Nat chuckled some more.

"This is agent Romanoff. I copy." Nat said into her ear piece interrupting our conversation. I wonder why I didn't get an ear piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woohoo!!! I finally updated!!!! Sorry for the extremely long wait. Lots of things have been happening in my life and I needed a break from Wattpad. So starting today I will continue to update every Friday. (I know it's Saturday but still). So please vote and comment it motivates me to write more. By the way you guys are amazing for being so patient with me. Also I will start making dedications to people who vote and comment.
Thanks
Sid