Shawn Mendes

Story line: Shawn confesses that he likes you.
Song: Treat you better
Artist: Shawn Mendes
+
I shift my weight on my right leg looking at the boy before me, "Why are you here? You said what you had to say already, why can't you just leave me alone?"

His eyes travels to meet my own in a sense of discomfort.
"I wanted to apologize-"

"-For what? Calling my boyfriend a junkie? For claiming he wasn't good enough for me when you-"

"Because he isn't good enough for you, Y/n! You can do so much better than him. I came to apologize for being a jerk"

My lips stayed shut and my mind wondered off to the things that occurred only the night before.
The things said by Shawn after he showed up in my house.

"Look if you really like him then, so be it, be with him. But if you are only with him to be with somebody because you want to feel wanted then just stop being with him"

He paused looking at me with tearful eyes, "He treats you so badly and you don't even know how much I wish I were him so I can show you what it really feels like to be wanted and loved"

"What?" I stuttered out. I wasn't sure if I were hearing him right or if my mind was just playing tricks on me; but after the second time hearing it I was sure he was playing tricks on me.

"I like you. No I don't like you I think I love you." He walks closer to me with a sad smile, "And I can treat you so much better than he can if you were to give me just one chance"

I looked at him in shock. Shawn Mendes the amazing singer, joker, and my best friend just told me he wanted to be with me.
And for the truth be told, I wanted to be with him too. I had like him for the longer time but I would've never thought I would even have a chance.

So I gave up on ever believing he could like me back and started dating guys like the one I was with now to try and outdo him.
But I never could.

"Shawn..."

"Look" He cut me off, "I know I came on a bit strong and you were probably about to reject me but I promise I'll-"

I cut him off my placing my lips on his own savoring it for as long as i could before pulling back.

"Whoa uh-" Shawn swallowed, "is that- I mean is that a yes? To me asking-"

"- it's not a no. But I will have to break up with Garner first. It wouldn't be fair to him if I told you yes while I was still dating him"

He smiles, "So it was a yes. I thought I was for sure going to be leaving here broken hearted"

I smiled in return, "Not today, but you will be if you don't fulfill your promise and-" I paused.
"And treat me better than he can"