What I need

So I just finished high school and have literally no life! I decided to take a walk and stumble upon an add for military. I'm doing it, I mean it's my life, right?
      I went home and decided to tell my parents about my application. I got home and say "mom, dad, Jason, Kelly" "what" they say in union except Kelly cause she is 8. " I'm joining the military" my dad and Jason grin and mom dropped her book. "I win" yells Jason who is 14. "What" my mom says "is this really what you want?" In her mom voice. "Yes ma, I can find myself, and return safely." " well ok- she gets cut off by the phone "I'll get it" I say. The line says "Shannon please" "speAking" I say "you have been accepted into military school in Texas" "great, when" " tomorrow, it was nice speaking good bye" So" my mom says "I leave first thing tomorrow for school" I walk upstairs and pack.
    I get up the next morning and wear the army shirt my dad had serving and head downstairs to eat breakfast. "Mornin' soldier my dad says. "Is that the shirt I got you?" Yeah it is I thought why not" I smile.
    We arrive at the train and I say to Jason "take care of Kelly and just remember, I'll be home before you know it" both of us had tears and I walked to Kelly nag said "remember you are better than Jason, okay" she nods. After I'm done I get on the train and sit next to the window ready for what's next. 
       Skip 6 months!!!
I am being shipped to Iraq and am ready, first mission is to save hostages of the enemy. When I get there my friend Jessie was waiting. "Took you long enough" he laughs. "Very funny, bitch" I get in my uniform and am ready. When we get there it is my job to get the two kids 11 and 7. I get there and say "my name is Shannon with the military and I'm going to get you up their" I point to the latch above me. They nod and I send the youngest up then we hear gun shots. The little 11 year old girl looks terrified. "Hey, hey it going to be alright I am going to attach this to both of us sending this up, ready?" She nods and we get up safely. I go to Jamie the Sargent and say "where is their parents?" She says "down there, we can't get them up" " I'm going down" I say. "Kid be careful" I head down spotting the adults I whisper "your kids are up there safely now I need the dad to come over here and attach this to your wife, okay" he attaches he and then I attach it to him and then I hear "it doesn't have power to get her up" Jessie says "Shannon I need you to take my hand" I'm about to say okay when I feel a sharp pain in my side and then black.