fifty-seven

alternative ending.

"hello, i managed to call you back because you have been leaving voicemails on my line to my mother, mariana durm. she passed away a few years ago but you seemed to have known her. i just wanted to know she would have loved to talk to you as well."

bucky held the phone to his ear, replaying the voice of his angel's son. he couldn't get the fact that she married someone.

she made a life.
without him.

it hurt him more than he wanted to admit but he called back the son to at least know where she was buried. he wanted to say goodbye to her.

when he got the location of her burial, bucky spent no time dilly dagging and left. she was buried in a cemetery in brooklyn.

he brought flowers, sunflowers because he just felt like they were once her favorite.

kneeling down to her tomb stone, a single tear slipped past his left eye. he couldn't help but hold in a sob that threaten to leave his lips.

"i can't believe you're gone."

he wiped his face and took off his dark cap, revealing his face to her. he wiped his face again and gently let his metal hand rub small circles to her stone.

"and all this time," he starts, choking back the tears that kept trying to escape him, "all this time who would have known that the only gal i've ever loved was you and now that i tried finding you, you're gone."

his body began to shake as he let the tears flow freely, staining his cheeks and leaving but a white strand against his mucky face.

"i just wanted you to know that i'll never love someone else like i loved you. no one can replace you."

"but this is the last you hear of me, for this is goodbye because you're never coming back."

"just know," he paused, wiping his redden nose.

"that i loved you till the end,"

"like i promised."