Chapter 1

I was at home sitting on the sofa and it was a Saturday night, usually on a Saturday night I would be out with my friends but all my friends had gone off to university, I miss them.

I picked up the remote and turned on my t.v, I have a job at the local radio stationand as soon as I turned on the t.v the x factor came on, I don't usually watch it but I thought it might cheer me up.

I watched it half way through and I couldn't believe what I was seeing it was Sam, Sam Callahan I remember I went to school with him and when we were 12 we dated but we drifted apart he did his music thing and I did actually want to do music but at the age of 13 I gave up cause everyone said I was no good.

watching him sing on stage made me happy and it made me smile, I phoned my mum to tell her

                         *phone convo *

“hey mom" I said

“hello" she replied

“have you seen Sam on the x factor?" I asked her

“Sam who ?" she asked

“Sam Callahan the guy who I dated" I replied

“no I haven't but I will have a look now" she said as I heard her put the telly on.

                   *phone convo end*

My mom said that I should congratulate him on being on the show, so I decided I would only trouble was I didn't have his phone number so I made a trip to his house, after 20 minutes on the bus I turned up at the end of his street and when I saw his mom she instantly knew who I was.

“Hello Becky" said hugging me

“Hello" I replied with a big smile on my face as I hadn't seen her in years. “what brings you here ?" she asked looking confused as to why I had turned up.

“I just wanted you to pass on a message to Sam" I said

“what message ?" she asked

“I just wanted to congratulate him on being on the show" I said

“here why don't you ring him" she said handing me a small piece of paper I looked at it and it was his mobile phone number.

“Errrmm are you sure he would want to hear from me ?" I asked questioning weather I should phone him or not.

“of course, he would he loved going out with you when you were kids, holding hands all the time" she reminded me of one of the best times of my life, when I was happy all the time

“ok thanks" I said taking the piece of paper and leaving to head off back to my flat.

                     * at my flat  *

Right now I was talking to myself asking if I should call him and wondering what I would even say.

I decided to pluck up the courage and call him.

* ring -ring - ring * went the phone

as I waited for someone to answer, eventually someone did pick up the phone but it wasn't Sam, he guy on the end of the phone said his name was Luke and that Sam had gone outside and left his phone inside so I asked Luke to ask Sam to ring me back and to tell him that I was an old school friend .