Prologue

thank you for clicking on this story
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Jaxon Marlow report to the office. Jaxon Marlow report to the office immediately." The lady over the school intercom hissed out. Jax paid no mind to it though, his forehead still lay on the edge of his desk with his eyes focused on his phone's screen. He continued typing a message out to Leroy, his trusty best friend and drug dealer..Or cousin, if you were to ask any of Jax's forced acquaintances.

Some students in the class turned to look over at the oblivious boy, others scowled in disgust and didn't give a rat's ass what he was doing.

The algebra teacher tensed up at the announcement, realizing Jax was in his class. After a couple seconds, Mr. Garner stopped his teaching and spoke, "Jaxon."

No response, he continued typing away.

Mr. Garner let out a small sigh of frustration and looked back at the boy with annoyance. He then cleared his throat loudly. After capping the marker he was using, he walked over to Jaxon's desk and slammed the marker down, causing a sharp noise that hurt everyone's ears.

Jax immediately threw his head up, eyebrows furrowed and disgust painted all over his face, "what the fuck?"

"You were called to the office." The teacher had an outstretched arm, pointing towards the door. A look of anger in his narrowed eyes, "you better watch your language in this classroom. And do me a favor, if you're not going to take this class seriously, don't come back."

"Gladly." Jaxon didn't take too kindly to his, quite literal, barking. He stood up and shoved his phone in his back pocket, walking to the front and flipping the whole class off before swiftly turning out the door, slamming it hard behind him. He could hear his teacher start to yell again, which made him chuckle.

He stopped by the bathroom on his way to the office, pulling out his phone again to text Leroy.

LeLe: so u wanna meet me at that gas station on Floyd Baker Blvd?

LeLe: oorrr...no?

LeLe: are u there?

LeLe: yoooohooooo

Jax rolled his eyes and leaned against the sink as he thumbed a reply.

Jaxxy: I'm here, I'm here. Getting sent to the office again ugh

LeLe: lmao what'd u do now dude?

Jaxxy: that's a long list for another time. Anyways yeah, be there after school

LeLe: oh ok, cool. See u then

Jax sighed and put the phone in his pocket again. He turned around and looked in the mirror, staring at his reflection in disappointment. He had dark circles under his drowsy eyes, and his hair was sticking up in all directions on his head. He pat his bangs in an attempt to calm the black strands, but some things are just simply impossible.

You could see various cuts and bruises on his legs under those torn up skinny jeans of his, and that old maroon hoodie was way too big on his lanky frame, but it had always been. The slightly tattered sleeves were rolled to his elbows, revealing sentimental bracelets that he's worn around his pale arms for years. He nonchalantly started twisting one around his wrist, ruminating on the memory of how he got it.

He thought about everything for a second, asking himself what the hell he was doing with his life. But he ended up pussing out and decided against answering that question, placing anything dealing with emotions under the category "scary" someplace in his brain. He didn't dare touch it, he mentally could not handle it.