"Normal"

nor·mal

adjective \ˈnȯr-məl\

: usual or ordinary : not strange

: mentally and physically healthy

We hear it everyday. See what it is supposed to look like. But what is it really? Just a simple facade, hiding something on a much more complicated level. Normal.

Every year, new rules are made. To what will, and will not be normal. So, we cut our hair, lose weight,and change our views, to fit these rules. Yet, we are never satisfied with our results. Always something that could be flat ironed out, or changed.

I see girls in hollister, knowing I will never be as tiny as they are. They have sheek, long hair, that goes down to their butts, without a single bump. Blemish free faces, covered with cover-up, and mascara. A fake smile, pretending they are having fun with their friends, but secretly texting one another about each girl, not knowing they are all gossiping.

I go into the store, and get dirty looks. Little do they know, I have a sister in their clique, who is pretending to be completly oblivious to my exsistance. It is because I am not like them. A girl, who has brown hair, short and shaved.

And as I see her, giving me a cute little smirk, taunting me, I feel sick  too my stomach. SO sick. Her blond hair flowing down her back. I always preferred blond over her black hair. It made her blue eyes twinkle. Lilly. My heart sinks to the bottom of my chest, at the thought of her name.

"So, I am dating Martin now," she announces, purposely giving me one of her heart wrenching smiles. I think I'm going to puke. 

So I do just that. Right. On. Lilly.