Chapter 15

Chapter 15

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The people you meet are not who you think they would be. No, not at all.

For days, Ria made me clean the mansion. I was now on the second floor, so 4 floors left, and then the basement and attic and backyard and tired legs, aching hands. I'm aching everywhere. 

I had first thought Ria was a nice, kind lady. She turned out to be another Cruella de Vil. Does the orphanage people know about this?

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. Only 3 more hours than it's lunch. Lunch wasn't so bad. The food was pretty good. They were brought out by the cooks Ria had. Though there were a lot of food placed on the table, I'd only get a small portion of each. I cannot live like that. She's making me clean her whole mansion, and I'm only getting a small portion of food! 

I hope that when the people from the monthly check for children who were adopted take me away from Ria because of the way she's not taking care of me properly. It has only been like 6 days since I've been here. Already on the second day, she started making me clean. This is child labor I tell you! Child labor, and it's illegal! 

The thing that only keeps me moving  here is the radio that Ria keeps on. I have music to listen and sing along as I clean. It echoes throughout the whole mansion which is a good thing. I think it's the only thing that's going to keep me sane during my stay here.   

As I scrub the wooden floor, a dog pounces on me out if nowhere.  My elbow collides with the bucket that contained the water, and it tips over. Oh great. The water spills everywhere. The sound of heels against the wooden floor are making its way towards me, and in comes Ria. 

"Oh my, child!" She scans the spilled water all over her wooden floors, and in a matter of seconds, her face turns to a shade of red. Angry. 

"Poochy," she addresses the dog that pounced on me, "did she do this?" 

'Poochy' nods. 

What?

What?

Wait what?

A dog lying? You stupid, evil, lying son of a female dog. You. 

"Miss," I say, "I didn't do anything of this! The dog pounced on me!" I was now on my knees, pleading for her not to add extra hours to my cleaning. The air around me starts to suffocate me. My nose becomes stuffy as I plead her not to add extra hours.