{5}

Scarring Tissue

The Nurse, Miss Dawn, takes me to another room, right down the hall from my own room. It's filled with medical equipment, knives, thread, needles, syringes, vials, and mirrors. The room looks made of metal. Minus the small blood stains scattered about on the walls. The equipment looks freshly cleaned, it is eerily quiet.  It's unnerving... I think to myself.

She says, "Please sit here." pointing to the steel chair.

Everything seems so perfect.. Like it isn't even real..

I sit as she starts cutting the bandage, and it starts to come off. Once all the bandaging is all off she hands me a mirror.

"Oh my god." I swallow a scream... "How long is this thing going to stay on my face like this?"

"It's going to scar, Miss. You can't just get rid of it. Although the scar tissue is still fresh it can be reopened, but you can go back to your friends now, we are all done here" She squeaks. What is with this girl and squeaking?

"Okay, thank you for taking that off." I answer curtly, while walking out the door.

***

It just doesn't even make sense, how could I have been vulnerable? Only just for one second? I think about this while walking back to my room. Now, I have this stupid scar. Well maybe a healing spell will get rid of it. I stop dead in my tracks, I can hear Nyx and Jaspers argument they're very loud.

"We have to tell her." Jasper argues, "If we don't she will kill us once she does find out."

"But If we tell her, no, if anyone tells her it has to be her mothe..." Nyx stops and so does my heart, I swallow a cry. "I mean her Father has to tell her" Nyx corrects herself, they are quiet for a few seconds, since my friends, my Father and, I are still mourning the loss of my mother. "Or the One who is hidden from her sight, you know Scar's..." She suddenly stops.

"What is it this time." Jasper complains like this has happened before, "Do you think Scarlett is around the corner again?" He asks as if bored of her.

"Yes and this time I am SURE of it." She replies. Oh no her voice is getting closer. And I start walking as if nothing happened.

"Hey guys." I call, and act as if I heard none of their conversation.