Defection

|| Dedicated to Lana_sky: Thank you for giving us a chance :) ||

____________________________________________________________________________________

Synopsis

“I'm not going. I do have a choice, babe. You see, I know that you are desperate to collect souls for your mission and whatnot, but I am fighting for my life here. And seeing as you have no calling card, dragging my soul into that hall of yours is gonna be extremely difficult, ain’t it?”

Arsinoe was beyond shocked. Refusing a chance for glory in Valhalla was one thing, but how, for the love of Odin, did he know that she was missing her horn?! The only person she had told about that misfortunate incident had been her sister — and Ariel would never talk, especially not to a lowly demon.

“Look, you’re beautiful, babe, but it’s just not going to work.” Hale shrugged, carefully observing the woman in front of him. “At least not until I get my body back, anyway.”

He searched for signs that she was angry or impatient — or even amused — but she gave nothing away.

“You cannot leave,” she commanded.

Hot, Hale thought, letting his imagination run wild. Hmm, that voice in bed, whispering in his ear… He broke out of his reverie as she grasped his wrist, her grip firm, and restraining.

“Hey!” He tried to pull back — without success. Damn, the woman was strong. “I am not dead! If you would let me get back to my body, I’ll be perfectly fine.” He tugged again.

“Now that,” she said in an unhurried voice, the sound like a gentle caress in his ear “is something I can’t allow. Stop fighting destiny, Hale Caradoc.”

                                                *********************

   As an Incubus, Hale Caradoc has had centuries to make a name for himself as one to 'make love not war'. But with growing unrest in the underworld, Hale is forced to take a stand and leave the luxury of his extravagant life for the battle of Nark.

   Arsinoe Rowan Asger has spent millennia collecting warriors for Valhalla, her sole purpose was to serve as the most devout Valkyrie. But when her new ward tries to run off on her watch, it is more than just a question of duty. This time, pride is on the line and something far greater...

Nikki's Para-nor-mance writing Contest

ORIGINAL CHARACTER PAIRING: Hale and Arsinoe

CHALLENGE ELEMENT: Good/ Devony - Seer

WORD COUNT: 8750