Chapter 6

I sighed as I laid curled up. It had been hours since I stopped screaming for help or trying to escape from the wooden box that was to be my new hell.
I closed my eyes and relaxed. I was a vampire who was clueless and left to rot in this box. Then a faint sound of clawing dirt quickly grew louder.
"HeLLO?!" I cried, opening my eyes and resorting to banging on the box.
Then light scratches on the coffin lid as if someone was wiping dirt away.

"YES! I'M IN HERE!!! PLEASE GET ME OUT!!" I cried louder as my hope swelled in my chest.
A scream left me as the lid was ripped off with in human strength. My eyes shut as a little dirt hit my face. I sputtered and wiped it away. I stopped after a few minutes and slowly opened my eyes when nothing happened. There he was, covered in dirt and shirtless.
"Olivia." He greeted.

"M-Mr. S-Sharpe." I stuttered still terrified of what was going on. He offered his hand but I spent a few minutes staring at it in confusion. He sighed.
"Do you want out of the coffin or not?"

I mulled over my options quickly and sighed, taking his hand and let him effortlessly hoisted me up and out of the box. I looked around and saw a graveyard and then my headstone above. 

Olivia Moon

2002-2019

Gone but never forgotten.

"W-whats going on?" I sobbed as he climbed out of the hole. My disbelief at what I was seeing was evident.
"Your human heart has died. Its a stage to becoming a vampire." He said bluntly as he took my hands and pulled me out of the hole too and onto the dewy grass. I looked down to see I had no shoes on. I looked at Mr. Sharpe with confusion.
"But I'm alive!" I exclaimed in denial.

"No, you were renounced dead, my dear. Your just better than alive now." He stated simply as he pulled back on a black dress shirt that he must have discarded when he was digging. My mind was swirling with a storm of my thoughts, each one trying to logic it's way out of this problem. I almost didn't realize that he grabbed my hips and was steadying me. I shook as I took everything in.
"Why wasn't I embalmed then?" This had to be a joke.
"Because I arranged that you would not be."

"Is this it? Am I now a full fledge vampire?" I asked carefully. He smiled and brushed away a long strand of my hair before opting to rest his hand on my hip again. "Not yet. You still have two more stages to go through. The mating ceremony and finding your gift. Not always in that order." Silence.
I smirked a little before laughing hard.
"So I'm going to sparkle. Do you know the Cullens?" I joked only to have him pinch the bridge of his nose after he let me go and moved away.
"I tell you that your now top of the food chain and you bust out the Twilight references." He muttered with annoyance. I scoffed.
"Because this is all so.... Fictional!" I exclaimed as I threw up my hands then dropped them at my sides. He suddenly lunged at me causing a strangled scream to escape my lips as we landed on the ground, him on top, pinning me down as he bared his large canines that resembled fangs. I gasped as he sat up slowly.

"Satisfied?" He questioned before getting to his feet. I slowly rose and stood there in shock.

"Now the sun will rise soon and I need to get you to my house."

"Why?" I asked seriously.

"Because I don't know if you can stand in the light of day yet."

"What?! YOU CAN!!" I argued.

"Each Vampire is different when they turn. I was born this way." He said lazily as he put his shirt back on and started to do up the buttons.

"There is so much I have to tell you." He whispered.

He picked me up with no protests and we moved quickly through the graveyard as if flying until we were clear of the gates.

****************************************************************************