Chapter 1

Flashback
Six years ago

As I climbed into bed, I had a strange feeling. Like something was off.
I looked at my clock, 10:58pm. I loved going to bed, but, sometimes I couldn't even bring myself to close my eyes, not even for a second.
I pulled my brown hair into a ponytail.

I stared at the door as I laid on my side. I could hear Rose brushing her teeth as she got ready for bed.

I closed my eyes, and for a split second, and image flashed through my mind. I don't know what it was.
I may have Eidetic memory, but, it flashed too fast for me to fetch the image.
I turn around. Bad idea. The image flashes through my mind again, and I couldn't help at take a closer look.

All I saw was red and skin color. I open my eyes. I sit bolt upright, and look around.
The lights were off.
I know I'm too old to sleep with my sister just because I'm scared, but, something about that image made me tremble.
I slide my legs to the side of the bed, and stand up. I slowly walk to my door.

I peek into the hallway and look around. As I tiptoed through the hallway I could hear the grandfather  clock ticking downstairs. I made it to my sisters room and sighed with relief.

I walk to her bed and shake her. She was facing away from me. "Rose? Rose, wake up. I can't sleep, can I sleep with you tonight? I'm scared." I said softly, careful as to not wake our parents up. She shook a little and turned around.
She had a blank expression, and her eyes were staring straight ahead.

"Rose?" I whispered. She mumbled, and I took a step back. "Are you okay, big sis?" I asked.
She mumbled the words louder.
I tilt my head to the side.
"Rose is dead!" She yelled in a demon voice.

Flashback over

I sit bolt upright and found myself in a cold sweat. I breathe heavily, and hold my head in my hands. That dream again. No, nightmare.
I look at the clock on my nightstand, twenty minutes till 7:00am.
I took a deep breath and got up.

I've been having that nightmare for six years now. And everyday I would wake up in a cold sweat at this time. Being a senior in high school, and entrance being exams around the corner, this eighteen year old barely had time to herself. And I need some.
I grab a granola bar and open the door.

I knew Rose was already awake. I could hear her feet upstairs. "Hey! Rose! I'm going to school! See you later!" I yelled.

I was about to close the door, when she called out to me in a hungover voice.
"What the hells your problem? I was asleep!"
A shiver runs up my spine. But, there were footsteps upstairs. I ignore the situation and head out the door.
Okay, that was weird.
If she was asleep, then, who was upstairs? Whatever, probably my imagination.

My parents had been dead since I was thirteen years old. I don't know how, but, me and Rose decided to have a fun day together. When we got home, it was a mess.
Papers were everywhere and blood was smeared across the walls. I had never seen a more disgusting and horrifying scene in my life.

I shook my head to abandon the memory.
It's the last thing I want to remember.