1. My Mistakes

Tell me what you guys think of this story! :) I would love to hear thoughts and opinions! Next chapter will have a lot more humor!

Thanks to @GraceAndGlorious for making this cover and the one I'm using. I didn't know how dark I'd make my story, so I really appreciate her for making them. Hopefully she wasn't too upset about doing both!

 Hopefully she wasn't too upset about doing both!

Summary: Mara was done with her life

Summary: Mara was done with her life. At such a young age, she has made quite a few mistakes, missing out on big chances in her life. She never had much luck. What was the point of living a life she didn't want? With nothing but her mother's last memento at hand, she jumps off a cliff, only to find herself alive and back in time 7 years ago. But why would she stop there when she can go back a little further? Her goal now? Live her life to the fullest... and have a little bit of revenge against all who have made her suffer. She's no devil, but she's certainly no angel. There's also this stupid time spirit that wants her to fail and die already. It's time to be a bad woman or girl.

 ➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

At one point in my life, I was afraid of death. Now I no longer held any strong feeling towards it. I'd welcome it, embrace it with open arms.

I yearned for it now. I was always so afraid of living, I let others get in the way of me being happy with my life. My father left, my mother was now gone, and I never got to anything I had wanted to do. After a short 23 years of living, I was now done. The one person in my life that gave me any meaning had died a week ago, and with her went my will to live. I no longer have goals, at least I had a few before mother died, but now what was there for me?

It was a pretty gloomy day. I slowly walked towards the beach, it would rain soon and I couldn't help but think this was fitting. It was somehow romantic like Mother Nature was going to crying for me. I always loved the rain, it soothed me and before I knew it small droplets of water slowly fell on my skin.

I ignored the warning of danger signs as I kept walking towards my destination. I thought about all the things I did wrong in my life. 

When my father left, I always thought that maybe he'd come back. I had hoped that he would realize it was a mistake and that he loved us, or at least me. I was daddy's little girl after all. But he never did come back. I was only ten when he left. I was so immature that I once wrongly accused my mother of her being the reason he left. That he had cheated because she wasn't nice enough or didn't try hard enough. Or she wasn't good enough.