Chapter 1

(AUTHORS NOTE!! Hi guys, this is my new fanfic, so basically it’s a bit different to all my other fanfics because part of it is a diary.  I really hope you guys enjoy it!

Italics- Things written in Marilyn’s diary.

Bold-  Authors notes.

Normal- Story.)

Bold Italics- Who’s point of view it is.)

(Marilyn’s POV)

Everyone loves them, every girl I mean. If you ask a girl if she likes One Direction and she replies “No.” then she is clearly either lying or a lesbian…. Or perhaps she just doesn’t like One Direction because she has been possessed by Satan himself. But anyway my point is…. I forgot what my point was.

I flipped through the pages of the book before looking at the plain classroom walls before nudging my best friend who was sat next to me “Ali.” I whispered to the small blonde girl.

Ali turned her head and looked at me giving me a smile “Yup.” She whispered popping the ‘P’.

“Please don’t tell me that you’re enjoying this.”

Ali shrugged “It’s okay, I’d rather read something with a better story line though, like Eastenders.”

I raised my eyebrows “Eastenders isn’t a book.”

“So?”

I chuckled and looked back at the book pretending to read it until the bell rang.

I hate English with a fiery burning passion, in fact a fiery burning passion so hot that it could burn the ice caps; I reckon that English class with Miss Wilson on a Friday afternoon is the reason for global warming. I sat waiting for the bell to ring so that i could be released from hell for what seemed like forever, I think I grew a beard waiting, okay maybe I’m being dramatic but I REALLY couldn’t wait to get home.

“I’m home!” I shouted walking into my house and closing the door behind me.

“Marilyn!” My little sister, Audrey shouted running up to me with a large smile on her face “I painted you a picture at nursery today.” She told me holding up a painting on an A3 piece of paper.

“It’s lovely, do you want me to hang it in my room with the rest?” Audrey nodded and I took my diary out of my bag before dropping it to the floor and running up the stairs to my bedroom with Audrey following close behind me.

Audrey is so cute, when she was nursery today she painted me a picture of One Direction. I mean it just looked like 5 splodges but she’s 4 she’s not exactly going to be Picasso. I’ve put it on my wall like the rest of her drawings.

“Boo.” James, my older brother, stated simply as I walked into the lounge.

I looked at him and smiled “Move over.”

He rolled his eyes before moving slightly more to the left of the sofa “How was school?” He asked.

I shrugged “Not so good.”

“And why is that?” He asked picking up the TV remote and turning the television off.

“Well for starters I have Mr Saunders for Maths, who by the way has totally been having an affair with Miss Fox I don’t what anyone says I know what I saw.”

James giggled “I always thought that Mr Saunders was gay but I guess not.”

I shook my head “The guy is a total player, I must of seen him with 3 women other than his wife this month.”

“He’s not even good looking.”

I shook my head “Not at all.”

For an old ugly MARRIED guy, Mr Saunders sure does go out with a lot of women. I’m pretty sure if I was given a bar of chocolate for every woman that guy has dated in the past year I’d have diabetes (and some serious weight issues).

“Marilyn I have a surprise for you.” My mum smiled handing me and envelope and smiling showing her perfectly white teeth.

I opened the envelope cautiously and looked at its contents before letting out a scream of joy “OH MY GOD!” I shouted jumping up and down with glee “ONE DIRECTION CONCERT TICKETS!”

I know this wasn't great but I promise it will get better. I'm just not great at first chapters. xoxo Laura Emilia