God. Is. Gay.

Elliot Darrow

What if I told you God is gay?

Do you think belligerent bible-belters would still holler hate speech to the hilltops in His name?

Or do you think they would reread the scriptures they say they swear and survive by?

See, I've been reading the Bible again lately, and I think I've taken a leaf from their holy book, picking passages for my purpose. Which is, in short, To let you know it's very possible God is gay.

I mean think about the book of Genesis.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

And it wasn't just good, it was fabulous.

I mean what else is our planet but the pinnacle of exterior design, and I don't mean to generalize, but it certainly seems like that the Garden of Eden was designed by queer, I mean divine eye for the straight guy.

But some Christians would go as far as to call God's creations abominations. Heretics calling themselves faithful, when their faith is full of belief that only God may pass judgment.

Matthew 7:1 Judge and you too shall be judged.

Luke 6:37 Condemn not and you shall not be condemned.

Fred Phelps 2006: You're going to hell! God hates fags!

A history lesson: A faggot is a bundle of sticks originally used as kindling for fires that engulfed gays when they were burned at the stake, people were firewood. But Moses came across wood on fire and saw God in it, what is a burning bush but bundles of branches on fire, isn't it funny how faggots and God can look the same sometimes?

Keep in mind Jesus had two dads and turned out just fine.

In fact, Jesus had two dads and a surrogate mother that never had sex with either of them.

Maybe Mary was a lesbian.

And I remember the prayer going "Hail Mary, full of grace". Not full of sin. "Pray for us sinners" for we have become blinded by bigotry and forgotten that God gave us the rainbow as a promise that we will never be flooded again. Either with rain or ignorance.

And now all the homosexual homosapiens stand more united under God's rainbow than all of his denominations do around the cross.

I was brought up believing that my Savior loved us all and never had to specify "no homo".

But if you have hate in your heart,

Say it.

Don't pray it.

Don't teach it.

and for the love of God,

Don't preach it.

Because I am tired of these fire and brimstone sermons slinging slurs when they're not firing brimstones from voices that should be filled with love and praise instead of raised with hate and rage.

I am a Christian, and I believe in saying the Christian thing.

Which used to sound like "Love thy neighbor as thyself"...

But now sounds more like hate at the top of your picket signs.

The closest thing to God being "Hell, is waiting for you"

They're passing out damnation pamphlets filled with out-of-context Bible verses trying to define God when his meaning is clear.

He is acceptance.

He is pride.

He is humility.

He is just.

God is perfection.

God is protection.

God is love.

But most importantly,

God is gay.