Chapter 1

It was July. One of the hottest days this month. I had a party I had to go to. It was for my friend. It was her birthday. My grandpa drove me over on his motorcycle and I walked up the drive way. My heart beating out of my chest. I was nervous. This was the first time since I was grounded I was allowed to go somewhere. I was going to see people I haven't seen since the last day of school and people I hated. Even people I didn't know. I saw one face and it all clicked. I knew him. I just had to talk to him. It would have to be a great time to talk to him. At first I just wanted a friendship. But it all became more than that. I wanted to be more than friends with Max.

We ended up talking to each other. "Hey Dakota.".
Thats all it took. He had me wrapped around his finger and I didn't know how to stop him. How is it that with one sentence he had me like that. At the time it was great. I knew him since preschool and we had disconnected. We ended up talking about how we thought we hated each other and how our families were. God did I miss him. This was going to be one long summer for me.

The first day of school came around faster than I thought it would. I saw someone and my heart shattered. It was my ex, Tyler. Tyler was the first relationship I took seriously. I had known him since kindergarten. We started dating the end of 7th grade. That came to a terrible end. We still had feelings for each other and just happened to have classes together. I missed him.
I said to him, "Listen I'm really sorry about what happened."
He didn't answer. He just blew it off. He asked me about my schedule and forget everything about the summer. I found my first class and the nervous jitters started to fade.

Once the day was over I was exhausted and had to go to practice. It was the least of my worries until i realized I was with a bunch of stuck up snobby girls who knew their daddy had money and flaunted or around. I wanted to die. We had to cheer for a football game the next day and honestly it was going to be great.