Chapter 2

My mother and father let go of my hand, and they look at me in shock. The chatter instantly stops as everyone turns to stare at me. People start to whisper, and Rose looks at me with a sad look. Before I can even speak, some of the authorities come over to me. One man grabs my arm.

"You need to come with us." He demands.

I silently nod and follow him. I look back at my confused and afraid family for probably the very last time.

I try to look confident as we are passing all of the tables to get to wherever they are taking me. There is still silence, and everyone is still staring at me. How could I be an INFJ? All INFJs are extinct! They aren't supposed to exist anymore! I am literally the only one! What will they do with me? So much for my one and only ceremony.

After an eternity, we are finally out of everyone's view and inside of the mayor's building: a building that is off-limits to all citizens.

He escorts me to a large desk and shoves me into a chair. In front of me, is the mayor herself. She is wearing a very dramatic outfit and a cheesy smile.

"Hello, Robyn. I feel like it is unnecessary to introduce ourselves, for we already know each other."

She pauses and gives a wry smile. "I am aware that you were categorized as.." She takes a deep breath. "An INFJ."

I nod in agreement.

"And you do realize that INFJs aren't supposed to...exist."

Once again, I nod my head in agreement.

"You do know the history of the INFJs..correct?" She asks.

I nod, and then I realize that she wants me dead.

"Why are you acting like it's my fault?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "It's not, but you can't be an INFJ in our society."

"Why can't I just stay here and be an INFP?" I ask.

"Because you're not an INFP!" She yells.

"Then what the heck am I supposed to do?" I scream back.

"Die." She states.

I stand up. "Are you actually going to kill me because of something that I can't even help?"

"It's not my problem!" She argues.

"You are probably the most selfish INFP that I have ever met!" I snap.

Instantly, the authorities grab my arms and take me out of the office. I hear the mayor whisper something to one of them before we leave, and I immediately know where they are taking me.

As we get outside, most of the families are gone, and the remaining families are in line for the train. They are too engaged in their conversation to even notice me. I also see the teenagers in line with their families, jumping with joy now that they are sorted. I wish that I was sorted as something else, anything but an INFJ.