•fOUr•

You're the only friend I need
Sharing beds like little kids
Laugh until out •ribs• get tough
~~~~
Jill
~~~~

I always kept this bag packed for when I wanted to go some place.

I've never actually left.

Maybe I'll feel the strong need to but then get cold feet at soon as I reach the end of the street.

The bag contained clothes snacks and about seventy dollars.

I wasn't one to run away forever.

But I also wasn't one to get everyone worried just to have me come back three days later.

So I thought maybe if I just left my dad a note telling him that I'll be back three days later, I'll be fine.

I just wanted some thinking time, you know.

Alone without anyone making me sad or angry or even happy.

I filled the bag with a few more snacks, twenty dollars and clothes before making my way out the window.

---

Love's house which was three houses away from mine, was filled but not that loud.

She lived with her mom Leila, her mom's second spouse Rita, her aunt Katrina, and her adopted four year old and two year old little sisters Jamie and Kelly.

When you walked in, it was peaceful.

Mainly because when they weren't together they all lived in their own little world.

Either it was work, yoga, play dates, day care, dance classes, or date night.

I don't think I'd be incorrect if I said that Love was the one that stayed in their house the most.

But no matter who was in or what they were doing, it was always peaceful.

But not this time.

There was yelling and crying and you won't hear me say it a lot about their specific household but half of it was coming from a male voice.

I knew that it was bad of course because I could hear it all the way from my next door neighbor's house.

I thought about ignoring it for one second.

Just one.

But my heart sank when I took one glance at the driveway and saw that Love's mom was not home.

In the driveway was Jory's beat up car that I never even took the time to identify.

The only thing I cared about was getting her out of that house.

Because if I'm just taking guesses here, something tells me that he knew about her not going through with the abortion.

I ran around to the back and thanked the lord that her window was open.

I set my bag down and carefully but skillfully made my way up the drain pipe, to the tree into her window.

There was a reason why she was the one who did most of the window break ins.